Super Trooper Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
The big storm that knocked out the power across the north east caused me and Charlie to need to relocate four times in three days. There were car trips, a night without heat or electric which he spent under the blankets with me, a trip across the state and back, a lunch box filled with heat packs, a day without food, car rides on my shoulder...for a little dude he has been through A LOT, so I thought I would share some post snowpacalypse pictures to show what a trooper he really is.

These are all from our first night home.
IMG_8199.jpg

"Mom, why are you pointing that thing at me?"
IMG_8202.jpg

King of the (blanket) hill!
IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8212.jpg

Relishing the return of technology.
IMG_8221.jpg

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I was pretty scared the first night. Once I stocked up on head packs, I pretty much settled down to live with a miserable, but otherwise fine dragon for the next few days. He's been very grumpy today, puffing himself up and pretending he is going to bite me. Silly baby.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks. Right now his torso is in shed and he is so moody and miserable. He has also given up on veggies for the last two days. Naughty dragon wasting perfectly good dandelion greens. He still DEVOURS his crickets though, and gets all light and happy looking while he is chasing them down. Then he gives the "I'm done" look and goes back to sulking.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad everything is back to normal for you, and also that your beardie survived and is doing great! he's a cutie! I sympathize with you on your evacuation. Evacuation is a very stressful thing. We were evacuated for 5 days last June (major fires in our area) and all I wanted to know is when I could go home (it took quite a while to find everything).

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This weekend Charlie joined me for yet another trip across Massachusetts, this time under far more favorable circumstances. I'm scared to leave him when I go visit my fiancee and figured it would be good practice for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, so I took him with me. His temporary plastic tub enclosure is now officially his travel set up because Charlie has a brand new (for us) 55 gallon tank!!! He also shed his whole torso and head yesterday, so he must be feeling much better. He has grown an inch since I got him!!!

New Setup!
IMG_8254.jpg

Freshly shed (except for that tiny bit on his head).
IMG_8255.jpg

In a few months when I have to replace the reptisun, should I get a longer one or have people has success with the 18inch for long periods of time?

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He certainly has been in a MUCH better mood following that shed. His appetite has picked up too, almost to the point of becoming unmanageable. He's eating most of his salad (a medium sized collard leaf minus the stem plus something like squash or cactus pear) plus 25ish medium crickets and 10-15 micro super worms. He would happily eat that many bugs twice a day, but I can't afford it. I can't set up my dubia colony until after Thanksgiving and my local pet store has started up this absurd policy of selling no more than 3 dozen crickets at a time. I told them this is ridiculous, because my animal eats that in a day, and they said it "isn't fair to other customers" to sell large numbers of them because they run out. My suggestion that they ORDER MORE seemed to baffle them. It is just terribly inconvenient for this upcoming week since I can't order anything via mail because the holiday (and my travels) would interfere with the shipping. ::sigh::

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
That is cray! My pet store has a policy of no more than 10 dozen but that at least lasts for a couple of days LOL coupled with dubia and other munchies and salad.
Isn't there another store?

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No other stores that are close enough to not be EXTREMELY inconvenient. However, tomorrow I will take care of it because after a long day and a rainy, tense drive, Charlie and I are in NEW YORK CITY. If there is anywhere in the world where the lack of feeder insects can be remedied it is the city that never sleeps. Charlie gobbled up the hundred or so I managed to get ahold of by whining, complaining to the manager and making multiple trips in two days, so my mission tomorrow is to get him some bugs to go with his salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom