Sunny please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The number of eggs can vary greatly....I've had as few as 8 -9 for a 9 -10 month old beadie and as many as 39 [ 2-3 year old girl ] at one laying. Most infertiles will be a bit larger than jelly beans, some may be firm, some may be flabby like little half - filled water balloons.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Geez 39 Eggs thats allot. I hope she has her eggs today. When she lays will she pack it under more sand and try to hide them?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat was very shy about the digging. If she saw me she would stop.
I had to cover part of the box so she wouldn't be disturbed.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has been in the hole most of the day now is this normal? Will a dragon dig a hole and hide even if they are not gravid? Could she maybe be hiding. When she lays will she leave the hole? How long should i leave her in the box? What happens if it starts to dry out?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
the egg laying process could take a while. if you were to actually see into the hole it would look almost like she is sleeping. but that's just her pushing the eggs out.

i would say if she doesn't come out by her lights out time you should check on her to see if she is having trouble laying the eggs. if it looks like she is trying to lay them but nothing is coming out you need to take her to a vet immediately.

and if she is just curled up into a ball she was probably just sleeping.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wel I actually can't see her at all there is just a little hole now where she has buried herself ad tunneled. Other than that I can't see in.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just went an checked on her and the tunnel fell in on her I dug her out and looked for egss there was none so I packed it and started another tunnel hoping she lays but I couldn't feel any eggs in her belly

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It would be good to take her out at least an hour before her lights are scheduled to go off, that way you can offer her a drink via eyedropper or syringe and let her warm up if she chooses to before the lights go out. Once they've dug their hole they don't usually take more than 2-3 hours to lay, usually less. They do sometimes just curl up in their hole and hide out, but they may lay the next day or 2 later....sometimes longer. If she gets very exhausted and just lays around, you'll want to get her to a qualified vet. An X-ray can show where her eggs are [ if she has some ] and whether she might need oxytocin to help her to lay.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ooops, I didn't see your new post. By the way, you don't always feel eggs in their belly.

Melody12

Hatchling Member
My Melody hasn't started showing any signs of trying to lay any eggs yet. She's a year and half so far. I'm glad that you've discovered Sunny's actually trying to lay eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom