Summer time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
It's that time of year everyone, and with the crazy heat waves in the US and Canada, make sure your AC is running or turn your lights off if you don't 100 percent need them on. We don't need anyone's pets overheating because of it.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
My house is way too hot atm but my beardie seems to love it. She even plops her pudgy stomach right down under the heat lamp. Makes me even hotter watching her do it :lol:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
rdoyle225":1sj80742 said:
mine would get to cold if I left the lights off. my house stays at 70s. It has been 103 where I live.

Then you have the AC on and don't need to turn the light off. :wink:

Sauzo":1sj80742 said:
My house is way too hot atm but my beardie seems to love it. She even plops her pudgy stomach right down under the heat lamp. Makes me even hotter watching her do it :lol:

Mine is doing the same, though we're not nearly as hot as most of of the States being affected in the states so I can't get away with turning my lights off since I have a baby, but I can't keep my bedroom cool either because of his lights needing to be on.

rdoyle225

Yea I love my AC. I live I south Louisiana and every year a number of people die because they don't have AC or heat stoke. I remember when I was younger we did not have ac, but I loved it. I don't know how we did it back then. I am only 31. Of course I would run all day along. We live near water swimming was always fun. I hope yall can get cooler. Heat can kill and will. Now there is a Cajun AC you can frezze a 2 litter with water and but that in font of a fan it will help. Also keep a wet wash cloth in the frige but it on your neck or face if need. Please also read about Heat stoke

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Up in Canada the heat isn't so bad, but I know a Breeder whose AC failed and they lost 78 dragons because of the incredibly heat wave and the ambient heat caused by the lights as well...Very very sad. :(

label

Hatchling Member
I'll second Peppersgirl; our girl Shayvele came out for her crickets, had a nice run around on the sofa, sat on my laptop for a while, and then when I put her back she went straight into her hide. It may have been a mild 17 C but she knows it's winter. I hope everyone--humans and beardies--in the top part of the globe copes with the heat wave.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I wish it was that cool! The heat up here is terrible. It was less then 17 C less then a week ago for me...Sigh.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
label":foz1evnw said:
I'll second Peppersgirl; our girl Shayvele came out for her crickets, had a nice run around on the sofa, sat on my laptop for a while, and then when I put her back she went straight into her hide. It may have been a mild 17 C but she knows it's winter. I hope everyone--humans and beardies--in the top part of the globe copes with the heat wave.

At least she's not quite brumating... I'm lonely without Pepper and Pikelet :( Charlie is tiny and has so little volume that I only have her out for a few minutes before she gets cold lol.

No doubt about us humans, no matter the weather we're always wishing it was different! :roll:

label

Hatchling Member
We're supposed to hit 18 C tomorrow, then it cools down later in the week.

The little lizards are tough when the temps get extreme, unlike our nice, solid blue tongue. Our two little angle-headed dragons don't thermoregulate at all and can die if their body temps get into the 30s. During a hot spell last summer we kept putting ice blocks on top of their enclosure. Don't know if you can get a tiny aircon unit.

Shayvele can't decide whether to brumate or not. She'll come out to look for food, at least the kind that hops, and as long as she's eating and hasn't pooed I don't want her to go down for the count. When I left for work this morning she was up on her big log, soaking up UV.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Didn't realise Angle headeds couldn't thermoregulate at all! That would be tough in summer.

Snakes are tough too... Along with the dragon we had our BHP come down with an RI when things cooled. But beardies are strange, it's Pepper's 4th winter and he decided to brumate for the first time this year (don't let Shayvele go down, it's horrible!!) :lol:

joea

Hatchling Member
Kirbi :love5: must know it's winter down-under, she's going into brumate mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom