substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
Cheapest would be newspaper….then paper towels. Best IMO, is a rough surface tile…and fairly inexpensive, at a cost of about $2.50 to $6.50 per tile, at HomeDepot.
Anyone else have input?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree with the tiles as a very good bet. Paper towels and butcher paper are cheap and easy to replace.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I use a combination of tiles and a mat I made for the bottom. I used fleece and cotton to sew a mat that covers the bottom of the enclosure. I put the under the logs on the basking side and another on the cool side which I place their food dishes on.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I use tiles that are rough surfaced that I got from home depot for 68 cents apiece, and took 18 per tank I think it was. I use cheap washcloths < 18 for 4.00 from walmart> for under food bowls and repti carpet in their hides. You want to avoid any loose particulate substrates like soil, sand, walnut shell and the like as they can be ingested and cause health problems not only in the way of impaction due to them licking their environment but can be dusty and an eye irritant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom