Stupid/False Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

A forum to list some stupid/False advice you've gotten for reptile keeping. Help debunk some "facts" often given about reptile keeping!

A "reliable" private owned pet store in St. Cloud told us that Silk Worms are unhealthy and cause impactions... And to use mealworms as a staple diet instead.

Savora

Hatchling Member
Hahaha, that silkworm story is SO weird--every insectivore-owner should know that silkworms are highly nutritious, though expensive. A PetCo employee told me once that the coil UVB lights are perfect for a beardie. I overheard them highly recommending the Zilla Bearded Dragon Kit to a poor family wanting a beardie--you know, the kind with the stick-on thermometer and the coil 150-watt UVB.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Sassy123":2d94ywre said:
Chain pet stores advocating and pushing for you to buy sand as a substrate... dries me NUTS :banghead:

Especially the ingestable calci-sand... one salesperson says "It is okay for them to eat because of its calcium" :lol: :roll: ROFL.... Absolutely a BIG NO-NO. Gotta love their advice. If you do get advice, ask here on the forum, ask the vet, ALWAYS double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom