Stubborn baby doesn’t want to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Update: I woke him up about 8 hours ago and gave him some bsfl and a tiny salad in his ceramic bowl. His temperatures was about 85 on the cool side, 95 on the warm side, and 108 in his basking spot. I just came back home 8 hours later and the salad wasn’t touched neither were the bsfl. Everything was on point, his Uv, temp, humidity, and I wasn’t with him all day. I’m stuck now. My last straw is the hornworms. If he doesn’t eat the hornworms which I’ve heard all beardie like, I’m most likely gonna take him to a vet. His stress marks are still there too and his weight has only went up by 1g since I got him. He feels weaker and his tail feels softer too.
He may have gotten too hot- post a pic of him where is his tail soft? Is the tank still set up the same way?

adamshaheen

Original Poster
He may have gotten too hot- post a pic of him where is his tail soft? Is the tank still set up the same way
He may have gotten too hot- post a pic of him where is his tail soft? Is the tank still set up the same way?

His tail is soft at the start. I remember seeing a video where if his tail is stiff where it starts in between his legs that he’s healthy. Here are pictures. The one with the temp gun is on the log not the hammock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He may have gotten too hot- post a pic of him where is his tail soft? Is the tank still set up the same way

His tail is soft at the start. I remember seeing a video where if his tail is stiff where it starts in between his legs that he’s healthy. Here are pictures. The one with the temp gun is on the log not the hammock
He doesnt look bad are you keeping him hydrated? What exactly has he eaten? And when did he eat last? Not sure about the tail thing but I am going to have 2 others on here look at your post and see what they come up w/ --- taking him to the vet is really going to stress him out and I advise NO ENEMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes too little and it will not end well
@AHBD
@CooperDragon

adamshaheen

Original Poster
He doesnt look bad are you keeping him hydrated? What exactly has he eaten? And when did he eat last? Not sure about the tail thing but I am going to have 2 others on here look at your post and see what they come up w/ --- taking him to the vet is really going to stress him out and I advise NO ENEMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So no vet? He poops regularly which is good I attatched a picture of his poop today. I think he’s eating like a handful of worms a day when I’m not looking but no veggies no greens. He seems to be deathly scared of me which could be why we whenever I try to reach my hand in to clean, bathe, or just any reason, he runs away. Also what’s an enema?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 62

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So no vet? He poops regularly which is good I attatched a picture of his poop today. I think he’s eating like a handful of worms a day when I’m not looking but no veggies no greens. He seems to be deathly scared of me which could be why we whenever I try to reach my hand in to clean, bathe, or just any reason, he runs away. Also what’s an enema?
Your dragon is dehydrated --- please get him some water either on the nose drop water on it so he can lick - keep dropping till he stops licking or give him a bath --- do not let him gobble the water down he will aspirate --- an enema is when they stick something up the butt to make them go to the bathroom-- hes too little --- fyi - if you ever haft to take a fecal into the vet you get it from when he goes poop they like fresh poop w/ in 24 hrs to do the parasite test -- NO enemas !!! EVER !! I am going to get some help here NO vet yet lets let some others reply here and see what they think

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Your dragon is dehydrated --- please get him some water either on the nose drop water on it so he can lick - keep dropping till he stops licking or give him a bath --- do not let him gobble the water down he will aspirate --- an enema is when they stick something up the butt to make them go to the bathroom-- hes too little --- fyi - if you ever haft to take a fecal into the vet you get it from when he goes poop they like fresh poop w/ in 24 hrs to do the parasite test -- NO enemas !!! EVER !! I am going to get some help here NO vet yet lets let some others reply here and see what they think
Thank you. I try to let it drip down on his how’s so he can lick it. I also must the tank 3x a day to get the humidity up to around 25 and for him to lick the water off. Do I need to go to a vet for a fecal test or can I buy one online?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you. I try to let it drip down on his how’s so he can lick it. I also must the tank 3x a day to get the humidity up to around 25 and for him to lick the water off. Do I need to go to a vet for a fecal test or can I buy one online?
He's eating that's good - the not eating veggies is normal and he's being stubborn he's not falling for the bsfl in the bowl little stinker- I am thinking he's still going thru relocation stress - is he picking the water off in the tank+ put a water bowl in his tank hit side that's going to raise the humidity- your going to need to gain his trust running from you is normal - hand feed him the bsfl do you have small horn worms? Hand feed those 1 then put on top of his salad you want to lure him as much as you can to the bowl - it sounds like he really got traumatized form your brother issue- fecals are usually done by a vets office- he's not really showing signs of parasites

adamshaheen

Original Poster
He's eating that's good - the not eating veggies is normal and he's being stubborn he's not falling for the bsfl in the bowl little stinker- I am thinking he's still going thru relocation stress - is he picking the water off in the tank+ put a water bowl in his tank hit side that's going to raise the humidity- your going to need to gain his trust running from you is normal - hand feed him the bsfl do you have small horn worms? Hand feed those I1 then put on top of his salad you want to lure him as much as you can to the bowl - it sounds like he really got traumatized form your brother issue- fecals are usually done by a vets office- he's not really showing signs of parasites
I ordered some medium sized hornworms that look at isnt in the picture compared to the quarter. I just slowly sprayed him and saw him drunk which is good. I misted the tank and saw him glass surfing it too. Not sure if he was trying to drink the water off the tank or not

adamshaheen

Original Poster
He's eating that's good - the not eating veggies is normal and he's being stubborn he's not falling for the bsfl in the bowl little stinker- I am thinking he's still going thru relocation stress - is he picking the water off in the tank+ put a water bowl in his tank hit side that's going to raise the humidity- your going to need to gain his trust running from you is normal - hand feed him the bsfl do you have small horn worms? Hand feed those 1 then put on top of his salad you want to lure him as much as you can to the bowl - it sounds like he really got traumatized form your brother issue- fecals are usually done by a vets office- he's not really showing signs of parasites
Update: the hornworms came today and he ate 3. Im gonna give him 3 twice week as a treat. He’s been eating better and put on 3 grams of weight. After I fed him and bathed him today I saw him sticking his tail up. Never seen him do it so not sure what it means. Any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Update: the hornworms came today and he ate 3. Im gonna give him 3 twice week as a treat. He’s been eating better and put on 3 grams of weight. After I fed him and bathed him today I saw him sticking his tail up. Never seen him do it so not sure what it means. Any ideas?
That is good --- tail in the air means hes alert-- hows the humidity thing going?

adamshaheen

Original Poster
That is good --- tail in the air means hes alert-- hows the humidity thing going?
Great! I just noticed he’s shedding. This is his first time shedding with me and I noticed the shed come off his face and nose. Gonna start misting him more now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom