STUART TAKEN BY HAWK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I'm so very sorry for your loss :( We have hawks here aswell and we have to be very carefull when outside. Its not your fault this happened Frank *hugs*

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I am so sorry for your loss.I am at a loss for words at the moment but try not to blame yourself and dont let it deter you from opening your heart in the future to another little soul.

R.I.P Stuart

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh that's terrible, I feel so badly for you and Stuart. Please try not to blame yourself, who would think a hawk would come that close to a human. I'm sorry you had to go through this. :(

RIP Stuart

iwoodtoo

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the kind words , although i am new to this forum and have never really talked to any of you at a much more personal level , i feel a certain kinship to all that have taken the time to send condolences. Unfortunately, that episode that happened this morning keeps playing through mind, i just hope that i don't have nightmares about it tonight.
Again , thank you all.

Frank

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sooo sorry. I guess we are lucky, we do have black birds and roadrunners have tried to get our first two beardies and even attacked my husband because he was trying to protect Miss O and Miss Y. He finally chased it off. Our girls, also, look up in the sky as they wander from place to place. I will be more careful with them and also pray for their protection. I've never known birds to come that close to humans and their house. Even the one time I saw the roadrunner come to our house it stopped when it saw me and waited to see what I would do and when I got up from my chair it took off. I agree that their is nothing that you could have done.

You have our sincere sympathies. That has to be the hardest way to loose a beardie.

Lori and Bill

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Frank,

I am so sorry for your loss of Stuart in that way! That is such a nightmare for you & for her. I would have hunted that hawk down & shot it! Perhaps she got a good bite on him & got away?? :cry:
What a nightmare. We are all here for you, if you need anything at all. One day, you will want another dragon. It wont replace Stuart no one ever will, but will bring joy to your life.

Tracie

Hawk

Inappropriate content removed
sorry for ur loss man. I guess (like everyone has said) its a learning curve. Just dont let it get to u and dont give up on beardies

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I am stunned.

Frank, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that must have been like. I'm at a complete loss... and again, so sorry. :cry:

Em

LJean

Extreme Poster
I would have been horrified!
Sorry that Stuart is no longer with you. Please don't blame yourself. I wouldn't have thought a hawk would come that close to a human either. It could have happened to any one of us.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I clapped my hand to my mouth in horror when I read the title of this thread.
What a tragedy. I too never would have thought a bird of prey would swoop in the presence of a human.

Im very sorry you two had to be parted this way.
Holly

0mega9401

Hatchling Member
im so sorry to hear about your loss. Im sorry but this is happening way to often now with boogie getting lost, steward snatch up by a hawk dragons geting lost in the basement... its ither my dragons will never leave the house or imma have to build a fenced in play pen this summer.
again im sorry to hear of your loss

I too am sorry for your loss. We had a similar experience back when it first started getting nice outside here in Oklahoma but it was with one of our minpins. This dog by no means was small and my husband happened to see a shadow come over him and looked up and here was this hawk starting to descend to grab our dog! We have learned to be very careful with our animals especially since we live out in the country and have all kinds of predator animals around. Again I am sorry for your loss and feel your pain. We did happen to lose one of our minpins this week but it was a freak accident.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Frank, I am so sorry. I read this post yesterday but I've been too upset by it to comment. I can't imagine how awful it must have been for you. Please don't blame yourself - it was such a freak event, there is no way you could have guessed it would happen. I hope you're doing OK.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
How are you holding up? I know I would be a mess. I hope you get to a place where you would be willing to adopt another little pointy pancake- although you're hurting, don't forget how much you love them. They are fantastic critters- thanks for the warning- I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom