Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
10461631_10202429781085609_543206994997873336_n.jpg

Temps are perfect. He's eating well. He allows me to handle him and is very tame and docile. When can I expect these stress marks to go away, and at what point do I need to be worried? Is there anything I can do to help get rid of these. The look of them isn't what concerns me, it's the fact that he is Stressed. I read a few things online about new house/ transfer stress. But there isn't much information out there on this topic.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much about the stress marks on a little guy as long as he's eating & pooping regularly and generally shows a good amount of energy and curiosity. They should go away on their own after a while as long as the enclosure is configured well.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Probably relocation stress. What kind of lights does he have? Brands? Are those temps on his basking spot or throughout the tank? How do you take them? How big is his enclosure?

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
20L tank. Paper towel substrate. 5.0 TO UVB. 100W zoo med basking light. Basking spot is 100-110 degrees. Second basking spot is 100 degrees. Cool side is 70 degrees. Temp gun and digital probe. I'm sure it is relocation stress as well. The marks look lighter today. He's been eating a little not tons. 5 crickets max. 5 waxworks max. Pooped 4 times in the past 48 hrs.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Ok it all sounds good , but the uvb you have doesn't give off enought uvb. Most of the people on here use the reptisun 10.0 Tube mounted in the tank as there should be nothing between the uvb and your beardie. Are you dusting his feeders with calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x a week?

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dusting and gut loading. I am going to upgrade to the 10.0 reptisun on Tuesday and get the clips to put it under the screen.

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I setup his new upgraded tank today as well 75 gallon tank. Ceramic and slate tile substrate. Huge water dish and 3 hides. 3 basking platforms. I'm gonna run the new setup for a week before introducing spike to the new upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom