Stress marks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutro123

Is this what u guys call stress marks??
817BE9AF-AD88-4499-9099-72477C7D0797-9805-000008BC14ABDFBD_zpsd4674d12.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
As mentioned, they are stress marks. However, please keep in mind that stress marks are not always a sign of stress. It can be a sign of feeling dominant/aggressive, or being a bit cold. Your guy has very light stress marks in that picture - nothing to worry about. He may feel a bit cold out of his tank, or may just a bit uncomfortable the way he is perched on your hand. It can be hard to tell, but they come and go and aren't normally a sign of any issues unless they are very dark and persist for a long time.

YoshisMom1031

Hatchling Member
Thanks for posting about this. My baby has these and I just thought they were part of its coloring. I hadn't even heard of stress marks!

Librarylady

Hatchling Member
Mine has them to :( not sure what it could be though. Right now he's pretty stuffed on phoenix worms, maybe his belly is uncomfortable and that's why.

Leonard's shows mostly whenever he's cold, a nice bath clears them right up. Other times are when he's irritated for whatever reason, but he's a sucker for a belly rub. :D

YoshisMom1031

Hatchling Member
My baby just went through a shed yesterday and the stress marks were even darker! I can't figure out why she's stressed unless she's cold because she's so tiny

YoshisMom1031":i55mvp4p said:
My baby just went through a shed yesterday and the stress marks were even darker! I can't figure out why she's stressed unless she's cold because she's so tiny

How old is she and how warm is her basking area?

YoshisMom1031

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure but I'd say maybe a month or two... she fits comfortably on my thumb. The basking area usually stays about 95-100. I have several platforms for her to lay on and an even bigger one if she wants more from the uvb .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom