Strange spot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenRae

I have a bearded dragon, and I'm sorry, I don't know how old he is.
I little while ago, a spot on his beard started turning a whitish-gray, and people said it was probably just a stress spot. It's been quite awhile and now it's turned black and his spikes on his beard seem flatter than they use to be. I'm worried that something is wrong.
He also has a weird spot on his nose, but I can't tell if it's just from rubbing against the glass so much, which he likes to do.
I put some pictures down below, I nope someone can help me out!

Thank you sooooo much!!!

100_0269.jpg

100_0271.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that is a strange looking area. What is the humidity in the tank, do you measure it? It could be fungal related perhaps. You mentioned it was getting bigger?
What are your temps in the tank, & what type of thermometer are you using to measure the temps?
He could have rubbed his snout on the glass repeatedly & damaged that area on his nose.
I think it should be looked at by a vet just in case it is some type of infection. I don't think it is yellow fungus, but it could be some other type of fungus. The area on his nose does look kind of bruised to me, also.
If the scales on the beard are turning black, then they are becoming necrotic. Have you bathed him to try & see if that areas scales are maybe from a retained shed possibly & could come off from a good soaking?

Tracie

EllenRae

Original Poster
The humidity is about 50% and it's 105 at the hot end and 90 at the cool end. I use a digital thermometer to measure the temp. It hasn't spread, but went from a white color to black which was weird. I give him a bath at least once a week, usually twice and it hasn't made a different.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I blew the pics up and looked really close. The spot on the nose, is it brownish color? The beard kind of looks like a bad shed since it looks white and thickish. The nose could be a fungal issue. I would take your beardie to a reptile vet to make sure it's not an infection especially if it is turning black. BTW, you have a gorgeous beardie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

In the meantime while you are waiting to get him in to the vet, you can use some antibiotic ointment to put on the end of the nose just in case it might be trying to get infected.

Tracie

EllenRae

Original Poster
There is a spot then another spot in the center, the outer ring seems like a shade darker than his regular coloring and the inner spot seems a couple shades lighter...
What else should I try on his beard? Baths don't seem to help, and what kind of ointment is safe to use on beardies?

Thanks! He was a brown beardie when I got him but seems to have changed to a very orange based beardie since he's grown. I love him!!!

Thank you so much, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom