Strange, not sure how else to describe it :/ ITS BACK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
The last couple of days tiny has been quite tired, always half sleeping under her rock..
I tucked her in for bed at 7:30, came out at 8 still awake, Rubbed her abit and back to sleep she went..
Came up stairs at 9.45, still awake, Thinking this is odd i got her out..
I layed her on my tummy and rubbed her head, she appeared to Hiccup a few times which kept on waking her up..
She did this 5-6 times and was struggling to sleep...
She also appears to be breathing heavily...
Is there anything i can do now? i mean its 10..
im going to get her to vets asap...
does anyone know what this could be???

Jess

Extreme Poster
Was she just twitching with tiredness? Sometimes when my bunny is dozing off, he starts twitching and it looks like he has hiccups. People jerk/twitch too when they're tired.

Dudley has been sleeping more than usual too, I think it's just the change in seasons.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
No i don`t think so , its more like a popping noise and she lifts her head up slightly ...
Im thinking its a Upper Respiratory Infection but im not overly sure :/

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Olivia... it does sound like a possible respiratory infection with the popping/hiccup noises you are describing.
What are Tiny's temps in her viv? Since it is so late at night, just try and keep her warm. You can put some heat on her tonight to help her out.
Are you taking her to the vet tomorrow?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
103 in the day, 28 on a night...
And yeah im going to ring up and try and get in, im just worried the reptile vet wont be in :(

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Are her temps always that high at night or just tonight? With her having a possible RI... tonight is fine for the higher temps to help her immune system.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
yeah tis just tonight, normally at about 76 ,
she seems to keep waking up some im not sure how to get her back to sleep ;(
poor little baby

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh okay! 76 sounds much better . :D
I hate to hear that Tiny is feeling poorly :(
Just try and keep her comfortable until you can get her to the vet.
Does she have any mucous in her mouth or nose? Is she gaping more than normal?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I don`t see anything in her nose, but she does seem to have her mouth open a tad...
Shes seems to have gone back to sleep finally....
do you know if its contagious at all?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
That's good that she finally went to sleep. Maybe she can get some rest now.
Yes, URI's are contagious, so keep Tiny and NuNu away from one another until you get an answer from the vet.
Let us know how things go at the vet tomorrow.
Good Night Tiny! :wink:

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
We are just about to set off now :)
I had to get my teeth pulled out so were going later, our appointment is at 6 in 25 mins!
Ill keep you posted! :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Livey":3nr2vdfa said:
We are just about to set off now :)
I had to get my teeth pulled out so were going later, our appointment is at 6 in 25 mins!
Ill keep you posted! :D
Hey... I was at the dentist this morning also. Still waiting for the pain meds to kick in though. :roll:

Good luck to you and Tiny. Keep me posted on your little darlin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom