Strange arm movements! X-ray included pg 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Drache613":86c02 said:
Hello,

GREAT, I realize it is hard to remember to change the lights out. A really good method that works for alot of people is to write the date you begin using it on the base of the bulb somewhere small with a permanent magic marker. That way, you will remember exactly when you started using it.
I think it will help her alot. If she is just a little low on the calcium reserves it should make a huge difference by increasing the UVB output because she will absorb the calcium much more efficiently.
Keep us posted on Abu.

Tracie

Something I do to remember to change the bulb: I have yahoo mail. They have a calendar that will send reminders to you. When I put in a new bulb, I put a reminder in my calendar to come up in about 4 months. So at a future pre-determined time, the yahoo calendar emails me to buy a new bulb.
I also have it send me an email each month to remember to give the dogs their heart worm pills. It repeats each month.
Works wonderfully!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have a little beardie diary for each of my guys with all the info in there. But as they ship them so quickly now I was waiting until today to order it (its pay day today so I thought I could just order both of them at the same time and saved on shipping)!! Some day I will make the switch to an MVB - just need to thoroughly investigate them!

THanks for the help guys! Il let you know how the vet and the new bulb go!

T

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
MissT":7b285 said:
I have a little beardie diary for each of my guys with all the info in there. But as they ship them so quickly now I was waiting until today to order it (its pay day today so I thought I could just order both of them at the same time and saved on shipping)!! Some day I will make the switch to an MVB - just need to thoroughly investigate them!

THanks for the help guys! Il let you know how the vet and the new bulb go!

T
Whats to investigate :D One word Megaray :wink: Have I ever steered ya wrong in the past girl?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds cool with that reminder feature, I have never tried that before! Definitely, there is not much investigating to do regarding the Megaray, it is THE best MVB on the market. :D

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Drache613":d749a said:
Definitely, there is not much investigating to do regarding the Megaray, it is THE best MVB on the market.

vickson420":d749a said:
One word Megaray Have I ever steered ya wrong in the past girl?

Someone recently put it in my head that a MVB would produce rather a lot of heat and to control that I would need a thermostat which would constantly be causing the bulb to dim/brighten which could in turn cause the bulb to blow prematurely and then what would I do as I would just have wasted £60 on a bulb that I would have to ship back (£15) and then have reshipped (a further £15) for it to happen again and would have no back up uv source.... Perhaps this someone has just been trying to fill my head with more confusion!!! hmm!!! Thats why I've been asking Tracie about the metal halide bulbs - possibly high enough UV production with a low enough wattage that I could hook a household bulb up to the thermostat and wouldnt be too worried if it needed replaced more often than usual!

Someday I will be brave and get a megaray.... I promise! lol!

O we got an appointment with the vet for next Thursday - its forever away!!! O well, hopefully all will be ok - he said the nurse will see her if we feel it is an emergency before then!!!

Thanks guys!

T

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, the Megarays and also the T-Rex's are the best MVB's on the market. They do throw off a lot of heat and great ultraviolet rays & that's why they are great bulbs but you can't control them with a thermostat, you instead make sure the distance is correct going by the wattage of bulb you have, if a 100 watt, it needs to be a minimum of 12" from the beardie in the basking spot & if 160 watt, the minimum distance would be 18". Another thing about a MVB is that it needs to be flat & not tilted at all or it could damage the bulb.

Please keep us updated on her, hopefully you won't feel the need to move the vet appt up closer, hope she is doing better.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
diamc":01b80 said:
Please keep us updated on her, hopefully you won't feel the need to move the vet appt up closer, hope she is doing better.

Well looks like I need to move the appt up!!!! However, the only person available is the nurse who I really dont think will be able to help much!
She pooped about 10 mins ago - it came out like projectile green water followed by a more solid poop. As she walked away there was a small spot of blood on her carpet!! Needless to say, I am now extrememly worried!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh gee, so was it just a small drop of blood? How is she acting & how is her coloring?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It was just a tiny drop. So small that if it hadnt been slightly to the left of the poop I would not have noticed it. She has been quite active this evening - running along the glass doors, craving attention - the way she was before we realised she was gravid! She is very bright, showing off all her orange colouring and there are still no other issues - her tail and beard are normal! She had another very small poop which was mainly urates about 30 mins ago (there were no urates in the first poop) - there was nothing odd in it this time at all.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that the last one looked normal. Is she scratching some? I know of someone's beardie that would act the way you're describing just before she laid her eggs. Is there a lay box in her tank?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She doesnt scratch much - she might have a little scratch on the carpet area every few days. I have a small box (about 1ft x 1.5ft) in her viv but she doesnt really go into it at all.... I have a separate, larger rubbermaid set up with heat in a quieter room which I put her in for about 20 mins each day (to get her used to it) but she just does her little 'pre-sleep wriggle' and closes her eyes after about 10 mins!! I did have the larger one in her viv when I first set it up but she would just go in through the door way and anytime we checked on her, she was lying in her 'sleeping' position! Yet, over the last 3-4 days it has been an absolute nightmare trying to get her to go to sleep at bed time - tonight for example, lights out at 9pm, Abu still 'basking' in the dark until after 10pm!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like she just doesn't want to give in to go to sleep, guess she is enjoying the daytime hours too much. I can just picture her "pre-sleep wiggle" in her rubbermaid setup. Well, she sounds like she did quite well today except for the small drop of blood that she had. Is her appetite good?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
diamc":444dd said:
I can just picture her "pre-sleep wiggle" in her rubbermaid setup.
She is just too cute when she does her little wiggle!!!

Well, she sounds like she did quite well today except for the small drop of blood that she had.
Well the new bulb went in on Friday evening so Im attributing her extreme energy levels to the fact that her set up is once again good! My OH is really panicking about the blood - if I get worried about her, he has a virtual meltdown!

Is her appetite good?
Well she hasnt touched salad in well over a week but today, she finished off 2 full bowls as well as about 10 locusts (she usually stops at 6 locusts, maximum!) So her appetite is extremely good - I have been expecting her to stop eating completely but she seems to like keeping me on my toes!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Just to let you all know, Abu will be heading to the vet first thing tomorrow morning - he seemed concerned about her and said although he is supposed to be elsewhere tomoro he will come in at 10am to see her and, most probably do an x-ray. So Abu wont have very much warming up time tomoro before our little adventure - have to leave here at 8.15 to ensure we get there on time but she went to bed a little earlier tonight so I can just switch her lights on manually a little earlier than normal and make sure the rice sock is ready to go!!

Wish us luck - hopefully all will turn out to be ok!!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
MissT":b05c7 said:
Just to let you all know, Abu will be heading to the vet first thing tomorrow morning - he seemed concerned about her and said although he is supposed to be elsewhere tomoro he will come in at 10am to see her and, most probably do an x-ray. So Abu wont have very much warming up time tomoro before our little adventure - have to leave here at 8.15 to ensure we get there on time but she went to bed a little earlier tonight so I can just switch her lights on manually a little earlier than normal and make sure the rice sock is ready to go!!

Wish us luck - hopefully all will turn out to be ok!!!
Good Luck and please keep us posted.I do really think this is a good idea especially the xray.We will be pulling for a positive report.

Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom