Strange arm movements! X-ray included pg 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
MissT":43d62 said:
You are an absolute star, Vicky!! Thank you so much!! I will keep pestering the receptionist at the vets tomoro!! I'm determined to get something sorted asap - even if it is just a phonecall from the vet to start with!!

Thanks again! I will let you know how she is doing tomoro!

T
Thank you.
I think its def a good idea to just even speak with him if you can.If I find anything I will let you know.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going today? That was nice of you, Vicky to put a call in to the vet.
So you can see the eggs then you believe?
She can walk normally though, all of the time?

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gee, this is really confusing. I wonder if the eggs are pressing on a nerve and there are just too many in a bunch for her to lay them.

It would probably be a good idea to remove the basking log and make an area out of fluffy towels to raise her closer to the lights. Wouldn't want her to fall with everything else that is going on.

Vicky, that was a good idea to put a call into your vets. Hopefully we can get some answers or suggestions soon.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Yeah I didnt know what else I could do.I have been looking all over and everything I see either points to an issue with the eggs or a nutritional deficiency of some sort.I thought maybe my vet would have some ideas being as he sees alot of beardies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am really thinking that she could be having an egg binding issue possibly. An egg could be irregularly shaped to where they are not dropping properly to where she can lay them. I hope you can get her into the vet soon.

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
vickson420":7a27f said:
How much is Abu eating now?Have you upped her feeding schedule at all?

We have been offering her a lot more live food - some days she is eating like a juvi, other days she might have 1! She refuses to eat any salad at all over the last week or so. Im going to remove her log now and replace it with a nice big towel before she wakes up!!

She was walking normally all day yesterday - once she wakes up and starts moving around, il let you know how things are with her!

Thanks

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Abu had a pretty normal day today - as if shes saying to me 'haha, I made you panic and fuss over me!' I'm not letting her away with it that easily tho so I will get her to the vets asap. I called first thing this morning and was told 'Mr........ will call you back when he is in the surgery. He will not be here today and possibly not tomorrow either but he will call you as soon as he can!' I'm getting more and more wound up about things.

The OH took her down to our friend (the breeder guy) today just to see what he thought of her situation and kind of calm his nerves about her a little whilst we wait for the vet to get back to us. He says he is tempted to think that it is the results of her lacking vitamins and said to make sure all of her feeders on her vitamin days were very thoroughly coated. This sounds like much too easy a solution to me. But of course - it makes the OH feel better so im not saying anything. Im hoping the vet calls back tomorrow and will be able to see her before the weekend...fingers crossed!!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I spoke to my vet and he also seems to think something is lacking in her diet.He also said it may be a good idea to keep her uvb on for 14 hours a day and to make sure its a new one.I asked about the eggs and he said its possible that there is a problem there but without an xray he couldnt say for sure.Sorry I was hoping to get more for you.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
vickson420":54f71 said:
I spoke to my vet and he also seems to think something is lacking in her diet.He also said it may be a good idea to keep her uvb on for 14 hours a day and to make sure its a new one.
You know, now you say that, her uv is due to be replaced in about 3/4 weeks time... and with what iv read, the emissions could well have been below the required amount for a while now!!! Rush order on a new bulb!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the flourescent tube bulbs really only stay sufficient for about 3 months, maybe 4. Do you use the Arcadia D3 12%?
Maybe, since she is gravid, she just is not absorbing quite enough calcium because the light is not allowing enough D3 synthesis right now.
Did she eat today?

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Drache613":618ec said:
Hello,

I agree, the flourescent tube bulbs really only stay sufficient for about 3 months, maybe 4. Do you use the Arcadia D3 12%?
Maybe, since she is gravid, she just is not absorbing quite enough calcium because the light is not allowing enough D3 synthesis right now.
Did she eat today?

Tracie
Yes I agree.I bet if you change out the bulb she will do better.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I cant believe I didnt think of that before - now I feel quite guilty - poor Abu!! She currently has the repti-sun 10.0 but I ordered the Arcadia 12% last night and it should be here first thing tomorrow morning!! AND in future, I will remember to replace it earlier!!!

Thanks for the help guys - at least not I have some kind of starting point in making sure she is ok!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

GREAT, I realize it is hard to remember to change the lights out. A really good method that works for alot of people is to write the date you begin using it on the base of the bulb somewhere small with a permanent magic marker. That way, you will remember exactly when you started using it.
I think it will help her alot. If she is just a little low on the calcium reserves it should make a huge difference by increasing the UVB output because she will absorb the calcium much more efficiently.
Keep us posted on Abu.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom