Stepped on my baby bearded dragon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!!! Help!!!!!
I just stepped on my baby ? She was on my shoulder & jumped off without me noticing & I stepped on her lower abdomen & beginning of tail by her little legs & she started like throwing up or I'm not sure exactly what happened I'm so worried I can barely tell if she is alive she keeps randomly moving & her beard is very dark from pain I believe also does anyone know of a vet not so expensive ? I really need to take her but can't atm to an expensive one
She is about 8 months or a year not 100% but a baby she is small

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh no, poor girl =(. Can you post some photos of her? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Where are you? You may need to call around to local vets to see who has experience with bearded dragons. You may want to start with this list http://www.anapsid.org/vets/index.html#vetlist

In the meantime, try to make her as comfortable as possible. Keep her tank warm (maybe around 80 or so) and give her a soft place to rest such as a fleece blanket.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry that happened, it doesn't sound like she is doing very well. :cry:
Is she breathing normally or not?
Yes, post a few pictures of her.
All you can do right now until you can get her to the vets is keep her warm overnight & as comfortable as possible.
Try going here to find a vet in your area:

http://www.herpvetconnection.com

Please keep us updated on his condition. Try not to handle her more than necessary.
Sorry we posted at the same time.

Tracie

Valcasillas08

Original Poster
no she does not look good at all i am at work now couldn't get off to take her to the vet im not sure how she is doing atm but i will update as soon as i get home. I made sure she was comfortable warm and took anything out of her little area that would harm her but this morning she was very still and her beard was still very dark :( im so sad i hope she makes it i am located in houston tx

Valcasillas08

Original Poster
full

she was just a baby

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I read this topic earlier but it's so hard for me to imagine how you are feeling when I'm choking up just reading it.

I really hope you are able to take her in and she heals, but I'm really afraid to hear the updates on this one. Regardless, please let us know. We are all pulling for her

Valcasillas08

Original Poster
Yes i am tore up!! I took her every where with me i feel so bad :'( but yes i will keep you guys updated & see if she makes it </3 :(

Valcasillas08

Original Poster
Okay sadly she did not make it :( :( :'( agh I fee so bad but just updating you all thanks for the help but she did not make it

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Valcasillas08":39n6ocug said:
Okay sadly she did not make it :( :( :'( agh I fee so bad but just updating you all thanks for the help but she did not make it

Oh my that's sad... my sympathies

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry, what a cute pic of her,sweet little thing she was. I know it's fresh and your grieving but if you do get another beardie, be sure not to carry it on your shoulder. Tell any beardie owner that you know the same thing. Bad accidents happen because they may jump at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom