Spyro the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He hasn't eaten anything today :( , just the 3 small crickets and 4 small dubia from yesterday. I just got home from the store, I got a bunch of veggies and greens (in small amounts) to see if he would eat some of those. I put a little bowl of a few things in his tank and we will see!

Russell84

Hatchling Member
Give him chance I suppose, its still early. Have you tried giving him a little bath in luke warm water? This will at least make sure he's not dehydrated.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yes. He had one right after I got home and then another one tonight. I am going to try some crickets and dubia again in the morning. I just don't want to push it and stress him out more. He is used to eating mealworms, so since he really shouldn't eat mealworms I am ordering him some reptiworms from lindasgonebuggie, maybe he prefers worms... I am going to try not to worry since it's just been a day.

Russell84

Hatchling Member
Oh yes of course you did, its in the pictures lol. He looks like he's shedding too, this could also possibly be stressful. I think your right, if he's only been fed a few worms a day then he won't be used to crickets. You might get a better response with the worms!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I hope the worms do the trick, I have a leopard gecko that won't eat crickets, only mealworms. Yeah at first I thought he was dull from being on while sand, but he is shedding, a couple places started flaking off on his head and I was reading that can cause them not to eat because they are so uncomfortable. I have also taken the log hide out of his tank, because I read a few post on here that babies will hide instead of basking and getting uvb. So I just took it out.

Russell84

Hatchling Member
Yep I have a similar problem with mine! He keeps hiding away in plastic leaves. He's actually very close to the UV light because he climbs to the top, but its in the cold end of the vivarium so he's not getting the best temperature. I did take it out earlier on this week, but he really panicked! And as I didnt want to stress him out I put it back in. Now that he's settled in a bit more its got to go lol! He can't hide away forever :lol:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am a very happy beardie owner this morning! Spyro ate 10 small dubia this morning, a couple bites of salad (kale, yellow squash, carrot, and zucchini) and then during a bath, he started drinking! I know that relocation coupled with his shedding that it's normal for them not to eat but I am so glad that he decided he was hungry. Not so worried now!

Russell84

Hatchling Member
I'm so glad to hear :) this is great news! Maybe it was not stress or illness afterall, but just the choice of food and a matter of time. What are dubia? Are these worms? I don't think we have them where I am.

My next step is to get Tidus to eat more greens and veg. I will try kale and butternut squash next

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They are a tropical roach, they are excellent feeders, and really easy to breed. They don't fly, make noise, bite and don't stink. WAY easier to keep than crickets. They also can't climb on smooth surfaces, so you can put them in a dish.They come in sizes from 1/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch and grow slowly. I really was a little hesitant to bring roaches into the house but now I don't mind them. There are a lot of threads on here about them in the Feeders section. I feed them to my leopard geckos as well.

Lindz0518":11lmpc16 said:
I wasn't going to try to feed him but I really don't think he was getting enough food with the people I got him from. He is refusing to come down of the little tree decoration in the tank and is sleeping in it. :)

LOL when mine was just a 5 inch little one, he'd spend all of his time climbing around in his tree decoration xD he loved it, it was adorable :mrgreen: of course, he got too big for it to hold him anymore, so I had to take it out :lol:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ozzybabe77":vct1njmr said:
Lindz0518":vct1njmr said:
I wasn't going to try to feed him but I really don't think he was getting enough food with the people I got him from. He is refusing to come down of the little tree decoration in the tank and is sleeping in it. :)

LOL when mine was just a 5 inch little one, he'd spend all of his time climbing around in his tree decoration xD he loved it, it was adorable :mrgreen: of course, he got too big for it to hold him anymore, so I had to take it out :lol:
I made Spyro a bed with a small washcloth and laid him on it and when I got up this morning he was back in the tree.

thebenior

Hatchling Member
ozzybabe77":13231g0r said:
Heh, the same thing happened with my dragon and his tree. It would almost tip over when he'd go to the end of the branch :lol: The tree then became a decoration in a red-eared slider turtle tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom