Spyro the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
So I went and picked up my first bearded dragon today and my son picked out the name Spyro. Right now he is in a 20L and I will change that as he grows, he seems a bit skinny to me but they were only feeding him a few mealworms once a day. They had no uvb for him and had him on sand :roll: . First thing I did was put some slate down and set up uvb with a reptisun 10.0, I let him soak for a while and now he is settling in. I put a few small dubia nymphs in a, escape proof bowl. Here are a few pics of him soaking and of his set up. He was covered with sand dust so he looks really dull :( .
Camera%20Uploads

Camera%20Uploads

Camera%20Uploads

Russell84

Hatchling Member
Poor thing :( Lucky for him he's gone to a nice new home now. It really annoys me when pet shops don't even know how to look after their animals properly. He looks nice, how old is he?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They said around 3 months. I bought him from an individual that didn't want him anymore. They got their information from a pet store, go figure. The employee actually told them that if they fed him a bunch of carrots that he would get orange coloring, so that is pretty much all they have been feeding him.

Russell84

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry, 'if you feed him carrots he'll get orange colouration'? Hahaha :lol: thats the biggest bunch of crap I've heard, so funny! Good thing that carrot is good for them, but they also need lots of small crickets at this age. Good thing that you saved him from these people!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He ate 3 small crickets and about 4 small dubia nymphs and then he just walked away. I figured I won't push the food tonight, I will just let him settle. He is getting ready to shed also.

Russell84

Hatchling Member
When they are in new surroundings they often become stressed and can lose their appetite a bit, its normal. He's eating something thats the main thing :)

Russell84

Hatchling Member
When I got Tidus, I never actually fed him until the next day. I feed him in a separate enclosure and when I first put him in he panicked and didnt touch a thing!! He is such a shy nervious one, but he's settling in now eating masses of crickets!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I wasn't going to try to feed him but I really don't think he was getting enough food with the people I got him from. He is refusing to come down of the little tree decoration in the tank and is sleeping in it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom