Spyro, Ember, Toki, Taz, Rufus, and Scarlett-new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and commenting for awhile and realized I never introduced my babies.

Spyro is 4 months old and growing like a weed. He is full of energy, very curious, and fearless. He loves to torment my daschund. They have stare downs from Spyro's tank. The other day my daschund decided to take Spyro to the living room for play time. Needless to say I wasn't amused when I seen Buddy, the daschund, carrying Spyro! Thank goodness he didn't hurt my baby. Buddy no longer goes near Spyro after that incident.

Before I got Spyro we got Auzzie. Auzzie was a Christmas gift for my 15 year old son. She was sick from the day we got her. I took her to the vet weekly just to make sure she was doing okay. In February, I noticed that she wasn't gaining weight or growing. After another vet visit I find out she has pinworms. She finished the panacur, but still wasn't growing and started losing weight. From there I started feeding her baby food and critical care. She started being more alert and eating a little on her own. On March 11, the vet weighed her and she had gained 2g that week. We were impressed. On the 17th, she started wobbling when she walked. She didn't want to open her eyes and acted lethargic. This was about 6 pm. The next morning I get up and she has crawled up to her stuffed animal. Her breathing was very shallow and it looked like only one lung was functioning. Overnight she looked as if she lost 10g. I immediately wrapped her up and rushed to the vet. She passed away on the way there. I still question myself wondering what I did wrong. Looking back I realized that she was never well and I did everything possible to help her become a healthy, happy beardie.

On March 23, I made the mistake of going to Petco for my dogs some treats. Of course, my son makes a beeline for the beardies. The manager comes by and tells me they just got some new babies in and asked if I wanted to see them. It's bad when they know you in stores. When I go to the back and I am floored at how teeny these babies were. My eyes were drawn to my Ember. She was 4 1/2 in long and weighed 6.9g. I wasn't leaving without her. I have had her for 2 weeks now and tonight she decided to snuggle in my hair and go to sleep. This made my night.

Now I have a Bassett Hound, a daschund, a shih-tzu, two fish, and my two babies!

This is Spyro fighting the wolf. I think he won.
AD5E9828-E369-42E6-8863-D475FDCEC084.jpg

He really wanted to see Ember. I haven't allowed them together.
87A3C058-FFDD-4927-855A-72052D3D92B4.jpg

Please mom!
99687C9A-86FD-428E-8AE2-30BE769784D3.jpg

Will upload Ember's pictures in a few.

I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have learned so much about beardies from reading the posts.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I will definitely post pictures when he is done. He is slow making things but everything turns out beautiful. My dad was also a cabinet maker but he passed away a few years ago. I can build things but not at the level I want. Most of the furniture I have was made by my dad. I want the new enclosure to match.

Tonight my babies both went to bed early. The past few days we have been having bad storms. This afternoon the power kept going on and off. Both Crazies seemed stressed. They had finished eating about 3pm so I went ahead and snuggled with them about 6:30pm. They both went right to sleep.

Ember decided to explore more today than usual. He ventured off the bed to try and eat the fish. Then he jumped on the curtains from my sons recliner. Had to get him before he reached the top. Silly boy!

Spyro was well behaved today. No head bobbing! The past few days he has been playing in the tub. I have a hide in the tub for him to climb on and he likes to jump off into the water. He will do this several times until I ruin his fun. I keep telling myself I am going to video him but I forget to take the camera in there :banghead: I won't leave him alone for a second.

Ember 10 3/4 in 46.3g. 3 months old
Spyro 16 1/4 in 286.4g. Is he fat for 6 months old?

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ember loves that game!!! I haven't let Spyro play it for awhile. Since he has been a brat lately I am going to let him play after dinner tonight.

The video is hilarious!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Spyro is back to his wild self. He was climbing curtains, trying to eat the fish, learning to fly, dive bombing the dogs, head bobbing, black bearding, and trying to taste my sons nose! He wanted to be out all day. I lost count of how many times he tried to escape his enclosure. :lol: Thank goodness he is asleep. Felt like I was babysitting a really bad kid!

Ember is shedding AGAIN! :banghead: He just finished shedding his legs on Friday now his back, head, and tail are waxy. His colors are changing a lot. His front legs have some orange but mostly a yellow-green color. The back legs are orange with yellow-green feet. :? I am going to get a good picture of his legs tomorrow.

This weekend my son wanted to go to the pet store to get dog toys. Of course, Ember got to go. He is the perfect dragon when out and about. We stopped by the pharmacy drive thru on the way home. The pharmacist asked me "what that was"? I let her know it was a bearded dragon. She said, "EWWW"! Ember jerked his head sideways and looked at her! Of course, I told her he thought she was "EWWW". My son and his friend couldn't stop laughing.

This is how I bathe both CraZies at the same time! Had to show my son that I can do two things at once. 8)
9F070996-81E3-4608-8A62-B47063AF64F6.jpg

Spyro smiling at me during his bath
EFAB4BC7-DED7-48AE-A592-BB66EAA958BA.jpg

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
WOW I didn't realize your babies were such babies! Cuties.
What made you decide to get two of them?
My daughter and I were in the reptile store yesterday and we both wanted this little guy so badly. A hypo, and the citrus colors on him were amazing, very VERY tiny. But she/he was so curious about us and kept following us in his viv. Then when we held him, he was as sweet as he could be. Rin is huge compared to him. I just wish they could live peacefully in the same viv.
Rin black bearded his mirror image the other day, and bumped his snout against it several times. Never done that before.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My son and I both had one. His passed away after 3 months. She was really sick. The most she weighed at 4 months old was 21g. When Auzzie died I was so upset. When I seen Ember at the pet store, not even a week after Auzzie died, I had to get him. Having two is a lot of work but having a routine helps. I don't let the two of them out around each other.

You should get another one!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Spyro got busted eating left over calcium. I love how he spotted my son and stopped.

*edit* That attempt to upload a video failed. Will try again.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are some pictures of Ember's crazy colors. His legs just shed on Friday. Now, he is about to shed his body and head. I am just loving seeing the variety of colors that appear after each shed. The orange on the lower jaw just showed during the last shed. His back legs are orange with green feet and the front legs have hints of orange with mostly green.

Ember loves posing now
704AB390-9694-4E05-9F25-9CFA618BDEF9.jpg

Back leg
F11BB68F-0985-4EAC-9D8A-D084087C2C8A.jpg

Front leg (little blurry)
18389E33-D368-454E-9D4D-A5B8633224C8.jpg

Spyro started something new today. He was eating the calcium powder that came off his worms. I have one video of him giving my son the stink-eye.

Spryo's stink-eye

Will try to post a cute video of him earlier today. A green lizard was outside the window head bobbing Spyro, then he ran a few inches head bobbed again, puffed up and ran off.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Finally got the videos uploaded.

Spyro has learned how to tell us he wants more worms.
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/buddyroo369/beardies/C039DE40-7140-4B17-BAFA-B4CACA392584.mp4

Spyro giving my son the stink-eye.
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/buddyroo369/beardies/D1314F1E-E6DA-4642-90F8-A40B6DB3E42C_1.mp4

This is my favorite. Wish I could have taken a better video but it happened so fast. Spyro was sitting in the open window and up comes a green lizard on the other side of the screen. This crazy green lizard starts head bobbing Spyro! :lol: Then it walks down a few inches, turns to look at Spyro, starts head bobbing again, and puffs his chin/beard (not sure what it would be called) and jumps out of sight!
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/buddyroo369/beardies/888FB563-31C5-4540-BDFF-CFFD9C33D79C.mp4

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Guess Spyro HAS taught you that he wants more worms. :)

Quite a stink-eye for sure.

That little lizard sure was brave with Spyro sitting right there. Good thing Spyro didn't grab him. A very trusting little lizard. :mrgreen:

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Spyro would have loved to get him if there wasn't a screen between them. His newest thing is eating the calcium dust that is left over. Tonight he was being a total brat. I went to get him out before bed and he had white powder all over his mouth. Anytime I asked him if he had been eating calcium he would turn his head. :lol: Of course I had to get a quick video. Tomorrow they both get to go drop off veggies at Petco. Even if I can't save them all, I can at least make sure they get good food.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/buddyroo369/beardies/C1C88362-725B-43D4-B00B-F56EDBD92766.mp4

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Brezzy99":35cxcwtq said:
Spyro would have loved to get him if there wasn't a screen between them. His newest thing is eating the calcium dust that is left over. Tonight he was being a total brat. I went to get him out before bed and he had white powder all over his mouth. Anytime I asked him if he had been eating calcium he would turn his head. :lol: Of course I had to get a quick video. Tomorrow they both get to go drop off veggies at Petco. Even if I can't save them all, I can at least make sure they get good food.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/buddyroo369/beardies/C1C88362-725B-43D4-B00B-F56EDBD92766.mp4

I've caught mine licking at left-over calcium powder that falls off of his crickets onto the floor of his terrarium.

If we lived closer to a Petco or PetSmart, I would try to do that, as well, but the nearest one is 20+ miles away. I do use some of it as food for the crickets, but we usually wind up throwing away some of the greens, because he just doesn't eat it fast enough. He will usually only eat his greens (collard greens, right now) and squash if we hand-feed it to him. I had to laugh this morning, because I was hand-feeding him small pieces of collard greens, and my fingernails are a dark green right now, and he licked at my nails a few times, confused.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sure looks like calcium evidence on the mouth to me. :lol:

That's so nice that you take veggies to those beardies, bet they really enjoy having some yummy & nutritious ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yricia
Top Bottom