Springs back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbradford

Just a couple of pics 'cause it's spring here! So expect more pics of Simon & Stitch as they enjoy another spring & summer.

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Monotov

Hatchling Member
What sex are they? I wish I had that large of a tank and could have my beardies bask together like bff's, but Monotov is sassy.

mbradford

Original Poster
They are male & female (Simon & Stitch) and have been together their whole lives.
He gets a bit amorous at times and starts by running around doing the head bobbing thing, displaying his beard, then he approaches her from behind & grabs her on the spikes at the side/back of her head, but it doesn't last long, (a minute or so) and then he bobs his head up & down a bit more & that's it. It's there natural way when courting, looks a bit rough but I've seen her carry on eating & do a bit of arm waving while all this go's on.

mbradford

Original Poster
After 5 years living like this with no problems I don't think I'll change. Stitch digs & buries +-20 eggs a month and this is done instinctively. I don't believe in stifling any of my pets natural behaviour. Australia has plenty of sand!

They'll be fine! As long they don't eat the sand like its a buffet, they are good. 5 years of sand is pretty good!

I love your beardies by the way! Can't wait to get mine!

mbradford

Original Poster
reptilegyrl":jc2aryfh said:
Nice pics! they look like they are enjoying the outside!

Happy Dragons!
Thank you, yes they do love it outside. They are outside permanently except for at night time in winter. I have posted other pics in the past so you might like to see them.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
They are so lucky they can be outdoors like that year round.Fall is here and my beardies are sad becaue they can no longer sit in the window and go outside.That is going to last until next may/june.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom