Spike: 1 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I tried and completely failed to keep up with a thread on spike once before but im gonna try again. Spike is leucistic and we got him from carolina designer dragons. His dad is morpheus and his mom is cleopatra. He seems to be impregnable to stress. He loves to travel, he loves people and he loves to sleep in my lap :D. He will turn 4 months old on july 4th. He is huge for his age at 12 inches :D. He has allowed me to hold him from day 1. I bought him at the raliegh reptile show this april.

Spiketheleucistic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tonight im taking spike to my boy scouts meeting. Im gonna do a presentation about three good pet lizards for begginners. The three im doing are: leopard gecko, Green Anole, And of course Bearded Dragon. Spike will be my "Visual aid". I am doing this to earn the reptile and amphibian study merit badge. Spike has been good around people in the past (Like petcos reptile rally) so i think he will be fine. I am very excited about doing this.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
That's awesome. I don't know much about boyscouts but I love the idea of people learning more about reptiles :D . What "rank" are you, I dont know the correct term.

Spiketheleucistic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The presentation went really well. Spike was calm and let everyone hold him. I may have even sold one scout on pet lizards, because he now wants to get one. I advised him to do lots of reasearch and make sure he gets the right lizard for him.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Awww... Spike was a visual aid! I'm so glad he did well at the meeting.

What's the age range of a boy scout? Small? 8-12? Sorry, I don't have kids and really know nothing about them. But I'm glad everyone (Spike included) had fun!

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Oh yeah - I can see that age range being a responsible beardie parent, if taught correctly. Not if they were like, four or something. If they were four give them a plastic toy of a dragon. Then progress ;)

Spiketheleucistic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah i had a green anole when i was like 6 or 7 and my parents ended up doing all the work. Now however, With spike, I do a lot more work. my mom helps me with some stuff and im very greatful for that. Im also glad i have a mom who will tolerate spike and 1000 crickets! :D Thanks, Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom