Spike: 1 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I tried and completely failed to keep up with a thread on spike once before but im gonna try again. Spike is leucistic and we got him from carolina designer dragons. His dad is morpheus and his mom is cleopatra. He seems to be impregnable to stress. He loves to travel, he loves people and he loves to sleep in my lap :D. He will turn 4 months old on july 4th. He is huge for his age at 12 inches :D. He has allowed me to hold him from day 1. I bought him at the raliegh reptile show this april.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Eh, that's how they get. I mean, if your skin were to shed, you might be irritable too! It's all normal and good - sometimes they get skiddish too. If they let you (like Tiki) just scoop them up and hug during their shed. It's a stressful time for them.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
I'd never do it, EVER - even if your intentions are superb and you pull off loose skin, it could damage their new scales. Just resist. When the skin is in the mood to go, it'll go - or, the dragon will rub on a rock or log enough to get it off himself.

Don't pick! :)

I've read a lot you can use a very gentle toothbrush in his bath to help the skin shed, but I'm still a bit leery of it - Dragons have been doing this for generations - they know what's up!

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Got me! I don't even know what a hornworm is!

Tiki is addicted to crickets, and that suits me just fine. Sorry - wish I could help!

MartianMonkey

Hatchling Member
I wouldn't peel the loose skin off but if you soak them in lukewarm water the loose skin will become very soft and start to peel off on its own. Arwyn's back exploded the other day and I put her in a warm bath for about 20 minutes and shortly after I dried her off all that was left was just a little on top of her head and rear legs. She rubbed up against a wash cloth while in the tub until it all just peeled away.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I love the color on your beardie. I am just really starting to be able to keep track of some of the color morphs etc..There are so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom