Spay on stunted rescue.

Jessss

Original Poster
@Drache613 @AHBD
Hi guys,it’s been a while since I’ve updated.Honey had been the same as she was previously digging,small poos only urate/weird slug eggs.She hasn’t been accepting food for around a week and been digging constantly! My vet is away for 2 weeks so I’ve been keeping an eye on her and sorted a lay box.She was digging in the box but also kept eating sand (not by accident,would go crazy suddenly and grab mouthfuls) so I removed the lay box.Today I came home from work and she has laid around 15 big eggs,she had about 5 more after I came home and has now finished.She’s eaten some greens and a worm and has her appetite back! :) she also ate 1 egg straight after she laid it.I’ve read online they’re ok to eat them but I removed the others just to be safe.
Is there anything else I should be doing for her now? Has she laid all her eggs now or could she still have more? Her vent isn’t open/swollen anymore and she isn’t getting contractions and hasn’t since around 1:30 this afternoon.She’s very tired and sleeping/basking as I type this! Also wanted to say a very big thank you to everyone that helped/supported me and honey or replied with kind messages,I’m so grateful for all of you and your knowledge!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that was quite an experience for both you and Honey ! Can you post pics of her as well as the eggs ? It's likely that she laid them all but it's not unusual for them to lay a few extra for a day or so after.

Jessss

Original Poster
@AHBD
Will post pictures tomorrow of eggs and include a few of honey now and her when she first came home!
It’s been an ordeal for us both,the fact she had 8 ultrasounds on separate vet appointments all of which showed no eggs is mind blowing.It’s also very heartbreaking to think that she was due to be put to sleep about a week and a half ago but I decided to cancel the appointment and keep her at home longer.It’s amazing how these babies can turn themselves around with a little love and the right care 💞

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm glad that things worked out so far. Keep her hydrated and rested.
She had 8 ultrasounds ? Wow, the vet must have bought a new car after that. 😲

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
OMG it makes me so happy to read this update!!!! Honey is definitely a fighter bless her little heart. And you are no doubt her guardian angel!!!
Absolute best wishes to you both, and i can't wait to see pics of her.
Anyone else i would tell to make sure she gets plenty of calcium but i know your already on top of everything, her puling through proves it :)
:)(y)(y)

Jessss

Original Poster
Aw, I'm glad that things worked out so far. Keep her hydrated and rested.
She had 8 ultrasounds ? Wow, the vet must have bought a new car after that. 😲
Thank you! And Will do,going to give her a bath tomorrow along with a tank clean :) Actually I only had to pay once and it was £43 so not bad at all! Very lucky to have a vet like mine!
OMG it makes me so happy to read this update!!!! Honey is definitely a fighter bless her little heart. And you are no doubt her guardian angel!!!
Absolute best wishes to you both, and i can't wait to see pics of her.
Anyone else i would tell to make sure she gets plenty of calcium but i know your already on top of everything, her puling through proves it :)
:)(y)(y)
Thank you so much! She’s honestly the most precious little bean,very frail I’m amazed she made all them eggs! She’s very dependent on me,she can’t eat or drink by herself,I even have people come in and check on her while I’m at work.Thank you it means a lot to me genuinely,have been a lot of times when I’ve doubted if I’m doing the right thing but she’s shown me I am.Now she’s eating again I’ll start getting her supplements in,she looks so skinny I can’t wait for her to put the weight back on :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Team Honey all the way! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful to hear about your little Honey doing so well now. It is hard to believe just how many
eggs she produced, but it sounds like she has pulled through. Bless her!:) She should start to put on
some weight now also. She has sure been through a lot!
Feel free to go ahead & post pictures of her too when you can.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom