Soooo.... New viv this year... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonov

Hatchling Member
Sounds like great plans, your beardie will love all that space! :D

I noticed you want to make it 110cm tall. That's cool, but be careful about creating tall structures that your beardie can fall off of. They are great at climbing up, but suck at climbing down. (it's more like a semi controlled crash... :lol: ) Basically your beardies won't need that tall of a viv and you'll have a lot of room to heat, so if you don't have specific plans with that height I would consider making it a bit less tall.

I want to create the decor by myself. Do I use high density polyurethane foam blocks to make the fake rocks from and a product like no-more-nails to stick it altogether or do I use insulating (expanding) foam and simply let the enclosure air out for 3 or 4 days before I introduce Elmo? What do I need to treat it with? I don't want a cheap 'sheen' to everything so I could perhaps grind down some sandstone and mix it with whatever sealant I use after the pain to create a texture. This may even benefit Elmo's claws somewhat.
You can use both. (I did.) But personally I would always cover it with something like tile adhesive (thin set) and with a good layer of that you don't need to seal it anymore in my opinion. So no cheap sheen and it will benefit Elmo's claws that way. If you do want to seal your sandstone mixture will work I bet, but some sand will too.

Your idea with the mesh sounds really cool. It will be challenging to keep the structure sturdy maybe, but if you pull it off I bet it'll look great! :D I would make sure that the spot that Elmo will most likely be hanging out at the most won't be right in front of the mesh though, so that he isn't exposed to draft all the time. Also make sure you don't use a mesh that his feet/claws can get stuck in.

Good luck with your build! I can't wait to see pics of this one! :D

dragonov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Uhmm, where did the topic starter go?!? :? Now it looks like I'm talking to myself... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom