something i have never seen before

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikericco

ozzie body and tail are two very different colors his tail is bright orange while his body is gray and pinkish..i thought he could be shedding but i havent seen any skin in his tank..any ideas what it could be??

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
It sounds like it could be shed. Sometimes it takes weeks to fall off. If you want to post a pic we could tell you for sure if it's shed or not.

Dawn

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Open a photobucket account. Upload pics. Copy the IMG code into your post and then hit preview to make sure the pic shows. If that does not explain it well enough do a search for posting pics, someone has a step by step tutorial on here.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, he's a cutie pie. I agree though, looks like its time to shed. Allot of beardies shed in stages. Mine sheds in 4 distinct stages: tail, then arms, body, and head. It takes several weeks sometimes and the skin will turn darker sometimes a whole week or so before the actual shed starts. The belly scales also get a rough feel to them too before shed. When they are small seems like they will just finish shedding and it starts all over again. Bathing him often will help the shed to come off faster. Whatever you do resist the urge to peel, like we do to ourselves after a sun burn... you can damage the new scales :roll:

frank79

Hatchling Member
My little nando has been like that for the last two weeks running around with a really dark body and green legs but when i got up yesterday morning and after his bath and some food he shed his body in four hours.Sad i know but i had the day off.I got to see the eye bulge but i was more intrested in the way he was like swallowing air and blew up like a balloon then his skin started to split and with a few rock rubs started shed it was so funny maybe not for him though.Oh and yes his body is now the same color as his legs.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Everybody was laughing the first time Scorch shed his torso. He was sitting on his rock and he blew himself up as big as he could and his little arms were up in the air. The kids were wondering what they could have done to irritate him. He looked like he was trying to fly. My guess is they do this to help loosen the skin because after his "flight" he deflated and the skin came off in one big piece. The kids thought it was really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom