Somebody Please help me Transport this Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Hi

I need to get this girl up North to Shanny at Sweet Dragons Rescue and Rehab. I got this dragon off someone who obviously had no idea what he was doing. Long story, short. I had to pay $40 .This poor dragon feels like a wet noodle. I feel no bones in her. She drinks a tiny bit of water for me and a little baby food. I have had her for 3 days and has not pooped yet.

I have 6 beautiful dragons myself but I think this is beyond my level of expertise and time.
What I need is for anyone to help me drive this girl from Fort Lauderdale Florida up to Gainesville Florida.

Here is a quick video of her today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIno_gi7So&lc=SY5JB0CyoLJjCH8P4bTGoEwvy01dJb6cnT3KIidRtTY

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it's so nice of you to help this poor creature. I just wanted to offer a couple of tips too help her until you get her where you need to take her. If you can get her out in the sun and get some calcium in her it will help her bone development and overall strength. Will she eat anything, maybe baby food....add calcium to some chicken or squash baby food, or see if she'll go for a small hornworm. Be VERY careful of handling her like that though, it's not that she doesn't have bones, she has SOFT bones and can break easily. So handle her very gently. I hope it all works out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Also, just so you can understand what the lumps are on her back, those are where the bones are weak , brittle , fractured and the body compensates when there IS calcium available by overmineralization that causes the bony lumps.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi, I have given her organic chicken baby food and have given her a small amount of liquid calcium. She drinks from a small drip of water on her own,I dont think she has any teeth.
I am super careful with her. I was just trying to show Shanny in the video how flimsy she was and her condition. I have her under a new Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb and a warm enclosure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great that she ate a little + got some calcium ! If you get a chance to get her in the sun for 45 minutes or more, it can help accelerate the calcium absorption and would be good for her. I hope she gets the transportation that she needs. Poor girl is such a sweet looking little thing.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am in Miami and I had her outside in the 83degree sun most of the day today. She just looked around and took deep breaths. I don't think she had ever been outside in the natural sun. =(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Poor girl, I am glad that you took her in & are getting her more help.
I am going to move this thread to the Rescue forum though so that more people can see & try to help with transportation.
I hope the sun helped her out, she is in dire need of UVB.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2n81va2p said:
Hello!

Poor girl, I am glad that you took her in & are getting her more help.
I am going to move this thread to the Rescue forum though so that more people can see & try to help with transportation.
I hope the sun helped her out, she is in dire need of UVB.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Thank You ...I'm trying my best. I hope I can get her up to the rescue.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome.
I hope you can get her up there. Have you had anyone offering to help in that area?
She seems so sweet. How is she doing today?

Tracie

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":9pnc4aft said:
Hello,

You are welcome.
I hope you can get her up there. Have you had anyone offering to help in that area?
She seems so sweet. How is she doing today?

Tracie

I have two people that will be going to Repticon in early Feb and can take her up to Shanny at SweetdragonsRescue.
She is doing great ....She finally pooped for me after 5 days and she has put on 5 grams =) Hopefully she will continue to improve while in my hands so she is a little stronger for the drive up North from Miami to Sweetwater..

Here is a pic of her enjoying the Miami sun.
2013-01-26140117.jpg

vickylee92

She's so pretty,
It's such a shame that people get pets but really can't look after them. It's the pets that suffer. Your so caring to offer her the help she obviously needs. :)

I would love to see updates in her progress :)
Keep up the great work

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
So glad you found the transportation to get her there!!!! What a relief for you!!! I know that sunshine and care and love did her a world of good!!!! Kudos to you!!!
I am trying to help neglected beardies in a pet store and I wish I could get my hands on them to help them!!! I haven't been able to get a good night sleep since I learned of their predicament when I saw them in the store on Thursday night.
I have law enforcement involved now so I hope to get resolve for them!!! I really let the girls working there know how WRONG and horrid it was to sell beardies and have them in tiny enclosures with NO UVB and NO basking light and one is missing a vast amount of toes and the female just lays on the floor of her tank and doesn't move and she is as thin as a sand dollar with a concave stomach!!! There are crickets hopping all over her cage but she is not eating because there is not enough heat in there for her to digest her food!!! She is only a few inches long and should be running around that cage and exploring the world!!! The male just clung to me when I held him, as if begging me to take him...it was so hard to leave but I did not have $60 with me to buy him and I know the vet bills are going to be exorbitant to get him in shape!!!
At least they were not on sand.....

Momswims1

Juvie Member
How is the little baby doing? Is there any update since she was transported? Her sweet little eyes just speak so much. I had tears running down my face watching the video you posted. How can people be so cruel? So ignorant?
Please keep us updated. If she does not make it, at least she will be with people who care about her. She just looks like she would be the most loving little beardie. And so pretty. I hope she makes it. Sweet baby.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She is with Shanny up at Sweet Dragon Rescue. I spoke with her only once since it's been there. She says she is doing fine. I managed to put 5grams of weight on her while she was with me for about 2 WEEKS . She mentioned that she is eating well and settling in nicely. I will get with her this weekend and post any updates I get.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom