Sold sick beardie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not easy to get humidity up. You can put in a dog box with a damp sand/soil mix but it would be messy. He'd probably have fun in it but I could understand you not wanting one. You could also spray his habitat a couple times a day. Just up to 30 % would be fine.

Kenzie2898

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
It's not easy to get humidity up. You can put in a dog box with a damp sand/soil mix but it would be messy. He'd probably have fun in it but I could understand you not wanting one. You could also spray his habitat a couple times a day. Just up to 30 % would be fine.
Thank you for all your help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep, i read up on the whole enema thing and wouldnt let them do that. What could I do to increase his humidity better? Right now its 10-20% without me doing anything, but i know hes needs 30-60.
20% is ok - but I would not let it go under 10%-- my tanks are running around 20% now-- I have a humidifier sitting next to the tank but it's not running now-- winter months w/ below zero temps during the day I run it- humidity will go up at night mine hits around 30-31%

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he does look pretty good! As suggested, it usually takes a little bit of time & adjustment
for them to get used to a new home & start to eat.
His weight looks normal, to me, so spend time with him, & he should start to relax & feel more at
home every day.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I live in Las Vegas, the humidity here regularly dips into the single digits, I've never had a problem from the low humidity. (I do monitor sheds and take action if they have a difficult shed, which is pretty rare.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom