So how did your beardies get their names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many interesting names I see here on these boards, I'm just curious how did we come up with them?
Freddie was named after the Beardie in Nims' Island. Bad movie, Jody Foster is just so wrong in that role. But anyways, my 9 year old daughter who had wanted a Beardie for a while announced that when we get a beardie she's gonna name him Fred. And she did, and HE really is a he named Fred. I was worried that it would havta be Frederina for a while. That's my boring story. Liz

albitjerz

Hatchling Member
Puff got his name from the song "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter Paul and Mary. and my new female will also have a name from that song. If you know the song you will rember there is onily one other named in it. Good luck guessing I will reveal the name when I get hur. Or you can go get the song on some old record and figure out the name.
Lisa,Puff,&......?

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
albitjerz":39216 said:
Puff got his name from the song "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter Paul and Mary. and my new female will also have a name from that song. If you know the song you will rember there is onily one other named in it. Good luck guessing I will reveal the name when I get hur. Or you can go get the song on some old record and figure out the name.
Lisa,Puff,&......?

Jackie? Or is it Jacky? Or Jacqui?

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Little Jackie Draper loved that rascel Puff
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff....

Yes, I do know the whole song, and yes, I do know it dates me! :lol: Congrats on you future dragon. :D

Sandy H

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
protiemama":9f4f9 said:
Little Jackie Draper loved that rascel Puff
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff....

Yes, I do know the whole song, and yes, I do know it dates me! :lol: Congrats on you future dragon. :D

Sandy H

:oops: for all those years I sang "Little Jackie Paper" and nobody corrected me :oops:

albitjerz

Hatchling Member
I am frustrated! As you all know Im getting a new dragon who I picked out a name for. I told my husband the name I picked out and he dosent like it. My first dragon is Puff as in Puff the magic dragon song. There is a second person mentoned in that song Jackie Paper a little boy. I thought Jackie was a good name for a dragon. But my hubby dosnt like it. So my question is does aneybody have an Idea for a name for a female dragon? The name should go with Puff and be dragon related. Maby anuther P name? I dont know, I just wish he liked Jackie as a name. :( Lisa and Puff

Dragonfish

albitjerz":92196 said:
I am frustrated! As you all know Im getting a new dragon who I picked out a name for. I told my husband the name I picked out and he dosent like it. My first dragon is Puff as in Puff the magic dragon song. There is a second person mentoned in that song Jackie Paper a little boy. I thought Jackie was a good name for a dragon. But my hubby dosnt like it. So my question is does aneybody have an Idea for a name for a female dragon? The name should go with Puff and be dragon related. Maby anuther P name? I dont know, I just wish he liked Jackie as a name. :( Lisa and Puff

Do a search of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. Lots of dragon names in there.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
If you get the lyrics written I believe you will find it paper in one verse and Draper in another. One being the imiganary boy who played with dragons and the other the older "real" young man who gave up such things. At least that's the way I remember, P,P and M explaining it in an interview years ago. (so I could be off) :D

Yes I agree, Anne McCaffrey's books are a great source of dragon names. One of my girls is Ramoth and any future dragons in my house will be named from those dragons.

Sandy H :mrgreen:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
It doesnt have to be a female's name for a female dragon ! hehe.

My baby's name is MJ (female)... well MJ is a girl's name but named her orignally after Michael Jackson... lol

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Puff the bearded dragon lived by a tree,
And frollicked in the Autumn mists,
In a land called Tennessee..... :lol:

Yes I know, I've got to much time on my hands.... :mrgreen:

Sandy H

Our dragon went a while without a name. We just called her baby girl, waiting for her attitude to decide what we would call her. One day, she was climbing on her log and my wife said, she likes climbing trees. So I said, squirrels climb trees... and there you go... baby squirrel. :D

albitjerz":e01f8 said:

How about "Stuff"? Then you will have Puff 'n' Stuff! :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom