So how did your beardies get their names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many interesting names I see here on these boards, I'm just curious how did we come up with them?
Freddie was named after the Beardie in Nims' Island. Bad movie, Jody Foster is just so wrong in that role. But anyways, my 9 year old daughter who had wanted a Beardie for a while announced that when we get a beardie she's gonna name him Fred. And she did, and HE really is a he named Fred. I was worried that it would havta be Frederina for a while. That's my boring story. Liz

dna14":8b05c said:
ironmonkeyofksw":8b05c said:
Aznrainbowdime":8b05c said:
what movie ???!!!

Chuck Norris has been in loads. He was also in Walker Texas Ranger, main films i guess are; Delta Force, Missing in Action, Way of the Dragon (he fought Bruce Lee)

Oh yes I love 'Chuck Norris the original bearded one' that's awesome... do you call him 'Chuck Norris' all the time or does he have a nickname like 'Chuckie' which would be an entirely different genre...

He always gets called Chuck Norris, its never abreviated. To abreviate it would lose the joke in my opinion :wink:

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
Kiku got her name because we love the Japanese culture and I love flowers. Her name means "beautiful flower, crysanthimun" Plus we think she is beautiful like a flower. My next dragon will be a male Blood Red. It will be interesting to see what name we come up with ! LOL !

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My husband is 1/2 Italian, so except for our first beardie, who's name is Sweetie (because she is so sweet); we have Lonzo, who's 5yrs old; Rubio who's 11 mo; Isabella or Issy ro short, also 11 mo old and Angel (she was a rescue who'd had no UVB her whole life. We've had her 5 mo and now she's running around the house and leaping from spot to spot). We named her Angel because she's so light and it suited her.

Beardiemommy137

Hatchling Member
Those are all totally cute!!

We got our little guy, who has grown a ton now, and didn't have a name for him forever!! My hubby called him Draco till we knew if we had a boy or a girl and then decided on Link cause of the pattern on his back. Link fits him too. He's like the missing link sometimes!!

Jumper came to us with his name, but he was named Jumper for a reason...can you guess why???? But he doesn't jump around for us. He's pretty calm and very loving with me and the hubby and the kids.

We plan on getting more in the future and have a list of names ready for just in case, but can't name anyone until we get them right??? so if anyone needs ideas for names you can write me for help!!!

wantsbd

i got freddie from when we used to visit my uncle and he had a lizard that would always run around his house that he called freddie. that's the lizard that got me into loving lizards so i thought that would be a perfect name for my beardie

Rukii

Juvie Member
BeardieBaby69":5165b said:
Kiku got her name because we love the Japanese culture and I love flowers. Her name means "beautiful flower, crysanthimun" Plus we think she is beautiful like a flower. My next dragon will be a male Blood Red. It will be interesting to see what name we come up with ! LOL !

Sorry for the late response, but you could name your blood-red male Chi (chee)! It means blood in japanese. I'm also in love with the Japanese culture. :love5:

I named one of my Beardies after one of my favorite japanese-rock band's lead singer, Ruki (from The GazettE). I named my other beardie Lotan (or Lotanu, her proper name) after the seven-headed serpent/dragon from Ugaritic mythology.
I wanted to have big, noble dragon-like names. My first choices were Lazarus and Zanarkand (yup, once again, a FF fan :roll: ) but they were too long, and just didn't roll off the tongue. :mrgreen:

Dragonfish

Wifes fault. She didn't want another animal and kept trying to give the dragon away. To make her feel more a part of it I said we have to name it. First thing out of her mouth was Norbert. Now when I just had him out she says, let me see and starts petting him.

My guy I named Dante as in Dante Hicks from the movie Clerks. Im just a fan of the film sometimes weather he cares or not I will call him Dante Hicks more for personal amusument

jennvee

Mine is named after Figment the dragon, who was on a ride at Disney's Epcot. I loved him when I was a little kid. Here is a pic of him:
figment01ju8.gif

Of course MY Figment is way cuter :love10:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Ramoth was named after Anne McCaffrey's golden queen. She is golden and acts like a queen. I do wish she could fly and comunicate telepathically Too. :lol:
Little Allison was named after Katherine's favorite singer, Alison Krauss. She is almost 9 and loves Bluegrass :D (and Country and classical and Classic rock)

Sandy H

PlantQueen

I'd been wanting a beardie for a while. We were in the petstore getting food for our snake and my husband told me they had baby beardies again. I talked to the little guys for a while, and the one just kept staring at me. While I was looking at him, the name Stanley just seemed to fit him. We took him home the next day.

And actually, it wasn't until today that I remembered when I was a kid, my dad had a cat named Stanley. I was sort of an over-the-top pet lover as a kid, and Stanley was the only one of the cats who would put up with me. Maybe subconsciously my little beardie is named after that sweet cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom