Small 2yo Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynesta

Hi! I own a bearded dragon who’s around 2 years old. He’s in a 5’x2’x26” terrarium. The basking bulb is 100 watt day bulb and the basking spot reaches 100 degrees F. For UVB I have a 24” 14% UVB Arcadia bulb. For a while, I’ve noticed that he doesn’t look like an adult despite his age. He slowed down for a few months earlier this year, barely eating and sleeping a lot, which I thought was related to brumation. In January, he ended up getting parasites after I tried bioactive for enrichment. I took him to the vet and treated him as specified, but was unable to make a follow up visit due to COVID. For several months, I was unable to get the proper uvb because of shipping delays and frustration from my dad (He put up the light in the terrarium, which I didn’t know how to do. The uvb was too far away and too big, so I had to order a new fixture and bulb, frustrating my dad) During the summer I took him outside every day to get natural uvb. I’m worried that the combination of all of these things has led to him not being fully sized. He doesn’t have the body of an adult, but weighs 502 grams. Is something wrong?
92079-88136597.jpg
92079-280651711.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How far is the UVB to the floor of the tank? Your dragon needs more decor to sit on-- he weighs 502 grams he is a big boy and not small -- he is of good weight how long is he? Is he able to get on that rock? I see no stick ons for temps or digital probe thermometers -- you need to get those - the stick on is going to give ambient temp but the digital is going to give basking temps--- what is he trying to hide under?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree he is a good size, you may be seeing dragons that are overweight which more + more people don't realize is not normal. Taking him out in the sun was an excellent idea and that's better than any uvb bulb. One thing he needs in his tank is a nice big basking branch, he needs to climb and move around.

Is this the dragon from your other thread that your sister is pulling the shedding skin off of ?

Cynesta

Original Poster
AHBD":3vuuy49w said:
I agree he is a good size, you may be seeing dragons that are overweight which more + more people don't realize is not normal. Taking him out in the sun was an excellent idea and that's better than any uvb bulb. One thing he needs in his tank is a nice big basking branch, he needs to climb and move around.

Is this the dragon from your other thread that your sister is pulling the shedding skin off of ?

Hello! I’ve been trying to find large pieces of wood but don’t know where to. I plan on building a rock background so he can climb on and under. Yes, this is the same dragon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He may be in pain, do those areas look sore ? Be sure to tell her to keep away from your dragon. And you can get a nice branch from outside [ not pine ] , put it in the oven at 250 for an hour to sterilize it [ don't let it touch the actual heat elements/coils ] and prop it up with a nice rock so the branch goes from the middle of the tank to the top corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom