Slight Prolapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyKayla

Ive had a few other posts regarding my mbd stricken Crepe. I made all the correct changes and things had really been looking up! Until today. She had an enormous poo after not going for 3 days and its cause a slight prolapse I think you would call it. Theres nothing crazy hanging out of her, its almost like her vent is inside out a little bit. I've given her a sugar bath, kept the area moist and tried to ease it back in to no avail. I've recently moved to a little south of indianapolis but I cant seem to find any other reptile vets other than the lady I've already been to who was a total quack. Does anyone have any suggestions?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can put some raw honey on it or a sugar paste, sugar can draw the swelling out of it and it may possibly shrink back over night.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl!
Definitely try one of those remedies mentioned. It isn't a prolapse but definitely an irritated ventral area indeed. I hope it doesn't hurt her too much.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

LadyKayla

Original Poster
I tried a sugar paste over night to no luck. Currently trying the raw honey. She doesn't really seem too bothered by it. Should I try and help ease it back in again?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The sugar paste didn't work then?
Let us know how the honey works, if at all. You can try to gently push it back in, if possible. Hopefully the swelling will recede & it will just go back to normal eventually.
Is she doing alright overall?

Tracie

LadyKayla

Original Poster
Its slowly going back in. I've tried it all. If I force it back in itll stay that way for a little bit but slowly eases back out. Now shes trying to brumate on top of it all so we're just having a fun time now. :p

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news, I am sure she is happy about that, also.
Poor girl, did she strain when she went to the bathroom previously? That could have been the culprit, just the straining caused the swelling like that.
I am glad she is getting better now & that it wasn't more serious. :D
OH of course, trying to brumate to complicate things further for you. LOL They seem to have things happen to them at the most inconvenient times.

Tracie

LadyKayla

Original Poster
Drache613":1pz8tbxq said:
Hello,

That is wonderful news, I am sure she is happy about that, also.
Poor girl, did she strain when she went to the bathroom previously? That could have been the culprit, just the straining caused the swelling like that.
I am glad she is getting better now & that it wasn't more serious. :D
OH of course, trying to brumate to complicate things further for you. LOL They seem to have things happen to them at the most inconvenient times.

Tracie
Part came out when I was away at dinners today and I'm so scared its gone necrotic. It was very dry. I bathed her and slatered her up but I'm worried its not gonna moisten back up. I swear I stress more than a first time mother and her newborn.
It was quite a big poo but she had been avoiding drinking water the day or so before (I'm guessing because of this stupid brumtion) so I'm sure it was a dehydrated strain. I will be happy when I can just stress though all this sleeping of hers.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH no, so you were able to get it back in some? What are you using to lubricate the area?
I hope it doesn't have necrotic tissue, was it dark or discolored or just dry?
Keeping it moist is the key & since it isn't a full prolapse, hopefully it will heal up sooner than later.
Does she show any signs of being stressed or in pain right now?
They certainly know how to worry us to death!

Tracie

LadyKayla

Original Poster
Drache613":evk6kz5u said:
Hello,

OH no, so you were able to get it back in some? What are you using to lubricate the area?
I hope it doesn't have necrotic tissue, was it dark or discolored or just dry?
Keeping it moist is the key & since it isn't a full prolapse, hopefully it will heal up sooner than later.
Does she show any signs of being stressed or in pain right now?
They certainly know how to worry us to death!

Tracie
I've been using a triple antibiotic cream mixed with a little vaseline. The tissue was dry and was probably one the verge of changing to a darker color when I came home. Hopefully i saved it. She's been sleeping like crazy, I can wake her and get her to syringe feed a little reptaboost and drink some water but I'm not sure if its brumation or if shes trying to sleep off the pain. :c

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Kayla are you positive it's a female ? Can you take a few more pics of the vent area and arch the tail up just a bit if it's not too uncomfortable for her ? Is there anything sticking out ?

LadyKayla

Original Poster
I will have to take the pictures tomorrow, I woke her for a soak and she was very displeased. I was told she was a girl when I got her at a reptile expo and then again when we went to the bogus vet awhile back. Even then I'm still not entirely sure. She turns a year on december 23rd.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a good question, could she be a male, or not? She hasn't ever laid any infertile eggs?
You can also use KY jelly for lubricant too. The antibiotic cream mixed with vaseline should be fine also.
I am sure she was not happy being woken up, they never are when they are brumating.
Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom