Status
Not open for further replies.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":k80dvaq2 said:
Hello,

How is Khalil today?
I think that as soon as he gets under a good UVB light that should help him out quite a bit. He is a little cutie pie. :D
Did he eat anything for you today?

Tracie

Ddn't eat much today. Tomorrow I'm picking up an emergency UVB bulb while I wait for one from PetMountain to arrive. None of my local stores carry ReptiGlo. Tried to get stuff today, but everything was closed and had family stuff. :( I'll try to get him at least temporarily set up tomorrow... :(

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
None of the stores carry reptiSUN right? You said all they had was the reptiGLO, didn't you? Or did I misunderstand? I don't have classes tomorrow so if I can help you at all feel free to call.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":igfdxk1i said:
None of the stores carry reptiSUN right? You said all they had was the reptiGLO, didn't you? Or did I misunderstand? I don't have classes tomorrow so if I can help you at all feel free to call.

Yes. I'm planning on ordering a ReptiSun, but buying a ReptiGlo tomorrow just for a temporary UV solution until the ReptiSun arrives. I know they're purportedly not the greatest, but everyone seems to think he needs UV pronto, and the only other alternative I have is my MegaRay. And as much as I'd like to, I don't have 2 hours a day to take him outside. :(

Steve

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
A quick Khalil update:

KtA seems to be doing much better! He's up bright and early and eating voraciously, even some greens for a change. (Mike felt the need to wake me up at 630 to tell me this.) He has his new UVB setup, and although it's using a Reptisun 5.0, my Reptiglo 10 is due to arrive in another day or two.

I'm still not entirely certain what the problem was, but he's never been as "right" as I'd like with the MegaRay, so I'm leaning towards the UV situation. Either that or he was just sad because Mike was out of the country. He perked up as soon as Mike got home!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Steve

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I thought 6:30 was sleepin in for you? And wasn't seeing the happiness on Mikey's face worth it? Okay so I'm hoping you are confused and currently have the reptiGLO 5.0 and ordered the reptiSUN 10.0. DO NOT USE THE REPTIGLO 10.0. It will only add to his problems. I'm 99.9% sure that you are confused and actually ordered the reptiSUN 10.0. I think both the UVB and Mike coming home probably made him better. Like I told you this morning, beardies can get very attached to their owners! Glad to hear he is doing better, but I think that means we need more pictures!

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry, yes, I flipped them.

I have a reptiglo 5.0 that I purchased solely as a temporary solution.

I have a reptisun 10.0 on order, should be here today.

That reminds me, I need to buy crickets. :p

Thanks Sara!

Steve

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DragonMomSandy":3vxogbyr said:
Hi Steve! Glad to hear the Reptisun will be in today! How is Khalil doing?

Actually, I don't know why I said that. :p I just double-checked, and it's only just left CA. :(

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, the latest on Khalil:

Got the RepitSun on Saturday, it's installed and glowing nicely. Temps are right around 100/80.

Khalil, on the other hand, is still pretty . . . sleepy. Woke up at 9:30 today and he was still asleep. I woke him up, gave him a bath, and put him on his basking spot. A few minutes later, he was back asleep under the (faux) leaves. He's been there all day, didn't touch his food. :( He's definitely eating, just sporadically. He ate a bunch yesterday, and had a huge poo in the tub this morning.

I dunno, I'll keep watching him, but it's still disconcerting. :(

Steve

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
More stuff. I don't think I've seen Khalil awake, without forcing the issue, for three days now. He's asleep when I leave the house. He's asleep when I get home. When I wake him up, he seems alert, after a few minutes.
He doesn't seem to have eaten anything in perhaps two days now. He's asleep now, and I'm leaving for work. If I take him out and give him a bath, he gives me the evil eye but swims around for a bit. Then, when I put him back in the cage, even if it's tantalizingly near the FRESH FOOD, he just goes back to bed.

:(

There's NO WAY this is brumation, right?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Im just throwing it up against the wall to see what sticks at this point Steve.
Could it be He misses Mike?
I read somewhere He picked up when Mike was there.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey, I have no idea, really. Is that even possible?? :) I only have anecdotal evidence, but he was sleepy for most of the time Mike was on his 2-week trip to Thailand, then he perked up when Mike was back last week, but Sun-Mon-Tues he's been with his Mom (Mike has, not Khalil :D), and Khalil's been mopey. It will be interesting to see what happens Wednesday-Sunday this week, when Mike is with me again.

Koche

It could be a semi-brumation. Koche went into a semi-brumation at 6 mos old. It lasted for 4 months from October through January. He would be immobile, but awake all day for a couple of weeks, then he would eat and run around for a few days, the cycle repeated. This year (1 1/2 yrs) he was in full brumation from last week of September to Christmas Eve. Just the other day he started acting sleepy. I think it may be the weather change from the 70's and 80's back to the 50's and 60's. (He had a check up/stool test recently and he's in excellent health) Dragons can brumate any time of year in accordance w/ their internal clock and sometimes I think they react to the weather just like we do.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Steve, I really think K is to young to brumate. It's one thing for youngins to brumate when they are close to full grown, but he's still much to small. I was wondering on my way to class this morning if it could be that he is missing Mike. Maybe he would do better off somewhere other than Mike's room where he can see you even when Mike's not there. Or you could test that theory and try takin your computer to Mike's room and work in there before moving him. Lilly seems to doze some when I'm not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom