Sleepy baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
We have a baby beardie. We got him oct 6th and he was around 5 in. He is almost 6in last I measured. He eats Phoenix worms and salad. Temps are all right and he has a reptisun UVB. Now the question.....he has acted very sleepy today and a little yesterday. We have not changed anything. Just wondering if I should be worried or not??

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
is it completely dark for him to sleep at night?

they can see all spectrums of light (even though pet store employees say otherwise). so if any lights are on (even the red light bulbs) it will keep them awake at night. you can cover him with a blanket (or small towel), or put in a box for him to sleep in.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
bunnyrut":3pbe4zmz said:
is it completely dark for him to sleep at night?

they can see all spectrums of light (even though pet store employees say otherwise). so if any lights are on (even the red light bulbs) it will keep them awake at night. you can cover him with a blanket (or small towel), or put in a box for him to sleep in.

No lights on. We had a red light on a cross the room for a while but I fixed that a few weeks ago. It never seemed to bother him. Schedule has not changed at all.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
it might be the season.
I've had to adjust the lights for Tasty Treat because it gets darker sooner and she'll start to fall asleep before her lights are even off.

you can try matching the lights to outside. right now i have it at 9-6, but might change it to 9-5 since she is starting to doze off around that time.

she also sleeps in. it's not until a little after 10 that she will come out of her box.

it could also be noise keeping him up. in our smaller apartment we would wrap her up in a blankie and put her in the bedroom, she started looking more refreshed when we did that.

beardielove10

Hatchling Member
If you are really worried, take your beardie to a herp vet. It is common for baby beardies to get lethargic or sick because of how young they are. Some need a boost of vitamins or reptaid. The safest bet is to take your baby in and get it checked out to make sure you take the proper steps. Make sure it is a herp vet though that specializes in reptiles.

Just rather be safe than sorry!

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Red is in the living room and we have the TV one a few hours after he goes to sleep. We will try to turn it down and lower the lights and see if that helps. Also will play with his light schedule. I was also wondering if shedding could be causing it?? His legs have been shedding but since it started awhile before the sleepy I didn't think about it until today. Today he is not eating much. He did this last time he has skin ready to fall off (only it was a different leg). I gave him a bath and now he is really really tired :/
I'm hoping its just season changing. We only have one vet that I can find that will see herps and I'm not crazy with this vet. Will still take Red if I need to. Will see how tomorrow goes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom