Sleeping on glass..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
not sure if this belongs here or not.. but anyways.. the past few nights, as soon as the lights go out, Jango has been going to the bottom of his tank, pushing the repticarpet up and laying on the glass bottom to go to sleep. Is this ok? will he get cold.. his night bulb burnt out (yes I know I shouldn't have it anyways.. but I rarely use it (only when it gets really cold) and he don't seem to mind.. but i'm afraid he will get chilly laying on the glass.. Sometimes I pick him up and place him on top of the carpet again but then he just digs it up and goes right back onto the glass. He's in a 20 gal. reptile tank now.. soon gonna be getting a 40 gal breeder or reptile tank with new lights and all..

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
its fine what he is doing. 1 of 2 things is going on. he is looking for a cool place to sleep or he is burrowing looking for a place to sleep which is a natrual behavior. mine digs around every time he goes into his hide for the night.

as long as your house temps are fine. mine used to sleep under his paper towels. i had to edit my post, i read it wrong.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ok thanks.. just was worried.. we've been keeping the windows open at night to let the cool air in.. his tank don't usually go below 70 degrees at night but the nights have been getting cooler so it concerns me some.. and my hubby won't let me close the windows.

kFitz

Hatchling Member
Instead of replacing the burnt out bulb with another one, replace it with a CHE (ceramic heat emitter). You'll get plenty of heat and no light.

Your beardie might would like a little blanket it can snuggle into when it feels like it. Mine loves her blanket! Yours could like the cold glass and/or it could like the repti-carpet feeling. If it does like the blanket you can wrap it up when it's lights out and I bet the beardie goes right to sleep. :)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Charmanderlover":3kd1r6cb said:
Your beardie might would like a little blanket it can snuggle into when it feels like it. Mine loves her blanket! Yours could like the cold glass and/or it could like the repti-carpet feeling. If it does like the blanket you can wrap it up when it's lights out and I bet the beardie goes right to sleep. :)

I've tried a blanket.. he doesn't seem to care for it.. he crawls right out of it.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kFitz":1c6ps8fr said:
Instead of replacing the burnt out bulb with another one, replace it with a CHE (ceramic heat emitter). You'll get plenty of heat and no light.

I have told my hubby about this when we replace his 20 gal. with a 40 gal tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardeddragonmrkiwi
Top Bottom