sleeping alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
So for a while now, my beardie has been sleeping alot more than he use too. At first I thought it was brumation because it started in the winter. It kindof went away when it became spring, but then it came back. And now it is summer and he sleeps alot. He stopped again for a little bit but then started again. He has proper UVB and hes in a 72.5 gallon tank. Right now the basking temps are around 106-109 but I'm working on lowering that to 100. A majority of the veggies he eats is carrots because I don't have many other things readily available. What could be causing him to sleep as much as he does?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long is your daylight schedule? I would keep that at at least 14hrs now. A long day might help him stay awake. I would also try to find an alternative to carrot as a staple. They're fine in limited amounts as part of a salad but it's best to offer them as much variety as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom