Silkworms and grasshoppers good for beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I had my Leopard Gecko, Jaime, I would feed her silkworms that I ordered from Mulberry Farms, and they helped her alot, and she seemed to like them! I was wondering, are silkworms good for beardies, and how difficult is it to raise them? Also, related to feeding, are grasshoppers easy to breed, and good for beardies?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Silkworms are great feeders and I've found them easy to care for/rear. They don't eat anything but mulberry leaves or artificial chow. If you buy them by the cup places usually ship them with plenty of food - if you buy eggs or plan to breed them make sure to have plenty of chow or a mulberry tree.

Grasshoppers/locusts are good - there are breeding guides out there but I've never done it so I'm not sure which ones are any good or how easy they are. You can't buy them in the us (illegal I think) but I'm sure you could start a colony from wild stock.

JasonBreen

Original Poster
Taterbug":3s6czuz3 said:
Silkworms are great feeders and I've found them easy to care for/rear. They don't eat anything but mulberry leaves or artificial chow. If you buy them by the cup places usually ship them with plenty of food - if you buy eggs or plan to breed them make sure to have plenty of chow or a mulberry tree.

Grasshoppers/locusts are good - there are breeding guides out there but I've never done it so I'm not sure which ones are any good or how easy they are. You can't buy them in the us (illegal I think) but I'm sure you could start a colony from wild stock.
Yeah locusts are illegal here in the US, but thanks, I'll try with the silkworms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardeddragonmrkiwi
Top Bottom