side by side tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddragons

Juvie Member
I have my two 6 month old BD's in a 40G breeder now and if I decide to separate them, can I put another tank right next to my other one? Or is it best for them not to see each other?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
mrjayd":fc342 said:
I have my two 6 month old BD's in a 40G breeder now and if I decide to separate them, can I put another tank right next to my other one? Or is it best for them not to see each other?
I have 8 viv's stacked 2 high but some are next to each other I blocked the ends so they could not see each other. When they can see each other they stress, get mad, or become intimidated.

I think it's best to block their view of one another. :)
An I hope you vote for seperating them soon. :wink: :)

sddragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
And weird things are happening. My Candies female has not pooped all day and she just stays inside her rock den. She didn't touch her greens but did eat a bunch of crickets.
And my red male has turned a shade of blue and seems to have lost all it orange/red coloration. Maybe he is just getting ready to molt but sure looks odd. He too won't touch his greens but ate a lot of crickets too and he has pooped today.

I almost want to put them back together.....:)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that you separated them. If they have each been in their own tanks less than 2 wks, they are probably going through relocation stress, but will certainly adjust to the new changes. Since they are 6 mo old, puberty will be starting shortly, if it hasn't already. They are both way to young to breed which would be dangerous at such young ages, so you did the right thing by separating them.

Your female not having a poop in one day really shouldn't be a concern. Make sure they are both taking the time to bask so they can digest the crickets though. It does sound like your male may be getting ready to shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom