sick, brumating, or stressed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer2000

hi,
my beardie is about 8 years old and lately he has seamed very sleepy and unresponsive. I noticed a few weeks ago he seemed to be losing a bit of weight but he eats just fine. I feed mostly mealworms and apple because he refuses to eat greens but i do supplement with repti-cal. A few days ago our power went out and he got very cold but then when i got him warmed up with heat packs he was fine. and now that he is back at home he doesnt want to eat. i put a dish with a few meal worms in his cage and he is just looking at them and then going to sleep. what could be wrong?

It does sound a lot like brumation. However, would you mind quickly going over your temps, lighting, food and such. Do you feed mealworms often?
They are not a good staple diet at all, they can cause impactions easily. If you feel his right side of his abdomen does do you feel a lump? Try a warm
bath and take your finger and gently rub downward from his armpit to his vent, or where he poops, and see if that triggers a bowel movement. How
often has he pooped?

In brumation I know that sometimes they still have a small interest in food. However we can't rule that out, how long ago did this start? Also please
go over you entire setup. Include how you measure your temps to.

Another thing we can't rule out his parasites. If it doesn't clear up get a fecal done. However first do try the method in the bath I have included
here for you. Good luck ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom