Shedding - Funny Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemiluc

Hi,
I just had to share this with you. Hope you think it's funny too :blob5:
My beardie Chubs has been growing like a weed - gotcha date is 7/4/11 - 13" but not sure of weight. Now he's 16.5" and 266 grams. Well he started shedding, he's actually shed 3 times, which amazes me. So Monday morning I wake up and my son says "Oh no Mom, something wrong with Chubs - His head exploded". I'm like what? So I get up to check and Chubs had shed hanging off the front and back of his head - I so wish I would've taken a picture. I calmed my son down and explained to him that he's just shedding. "Whoa, it's never looked it like that before" - last 2 times, it just came off in the bath, so there wasn't really anything hanging anywhere. So that's my story. What funny stories do you have?

lol thats great. The first time dobbie really shed I almost had a heart attack. I woke up went over to check on my baby and skin was EVERYWHERE! All over the bottom of his enclosure, on his log, hanging off his box... but there was no dragon. Any where. I freaked out. I took everything apart and finally found him... under his reptile carpet lol. The silly boy was sound asleep. Im pretty sure he was up all night shedding and finally just crashed. The silliness of dragons astounds me.

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
Lizzy's first sperm plug. :oops:

After a bath I saw something hanging out of his vent. Must be a little left over poo. Wiped with a Kleenex, and it stayed and actually felt a litle hard. :? Hmmmm. Prolapse?! Put him back in the bath to keep it moist and called the Hubby to help push it back in. Gary was in bed and slow to get up. Got Lizzy out of the bath and looked closer...seemed like someTHING hanging out of the vent. Kind of light, like flash color...hemipene??? :? Touched it again, and it seemed softer....maybe a hemipene? Tried to push it back in and it didnt seem to want to push back in, hmmm...where is Gary???? Hemipene seems to have moved a little....Hmmm... :? Lets see if I can get a careful grip on it and push it back...no..let's extend it a little and see.....OH MY GOD !!!!! :shock: :shock: I've PULLED IT OFFF!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I BROKE HIM!!!! :shock: :shock: I PULLED HIS HEMIPENE CLEAR OFF!!!! :shock: :puke: :shock: I PULLED A PART OF HIS BODY OFF! :shock: :shock: GARY'S GONNA FREAK WHEN HE SEES THAT I EMASCULATED POOR LIZZY WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS!!!! :shock: :puke: :shock: PULLED IT CLEAR OFF AND HE DIDNT SEEM TO CARE! :shock: :shock: He's not bleeding...doesnt seem to be in distress...look at it...is that a hemipene? :? Kind of whitish yellowish hunk of something.Hmmm...for being broken, he seems to be taking it well.

I went off to work thinking I'd broken the poor guy. Called Gary every hour on the hour to see if he was still alive or bleeding. Gary said he actually was more active, seemed happier than normal lately. Hmmmm. Then I found out that it was a sperm plug and normal. We've had several more since then. They come out on their own, usually after a bath. I realy thought I'd broken some part of him off there for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom