Shedding before Brumation?

Shotty.Sub

Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Hi,

Our beardie has been slowing down (we live in Florida) and we took her to the vet. She took an x-ray and fecal recently, thought we may get another. The vet believes she's entering Brumation.

She has some bits of her skin that look ready to shed soon though, should I stop her from entering brumation till it's done?

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
Hi,

Our beardie has been slowing down (we live in Florida) and we took her to the vet. She took an x-ray and fecal recently, thought we may get another. The vet believes she's entering Brumation.

She has some bits of her skin that look ready to shed soon though, should I stop her from entering brumation till it's done?

Thank you!
Brumation can be simulated to in correct lighting - and surface basking temps- lets go over the UVB your using and your temps in the tank -- that way we can say for sure its brumation coming on - No coils for a UVB please and surface basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer- are you using any colored bulbs in the tank?

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HELP what's happening with my beardie!!he has a lifted up scale and it has shedding in a circle around it I noticed it for the first time yesterday and I have no idea what it is and when I shine a flashlight on him it's yellow around the scale what do I doooo
substrate looks scrumptious
My female bearded dragon has recently started gasping for air all the time. She can’t get sleep or really do anything because she has such a difficult time breathing. I think it might be a RI but I’m not completely sure. Any thoughts?
Building a custom enclosure from an entertainment center. Can't wait to see how it ends up! Custom Build
setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summy7
Top Bottom