Shedding before Brumation?

Shotty.Sub

Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Hi,

Our beardie has been slowing down (we live in Florida) and we took her to the vet. She took an x-ray and fecal recently, thought we may get another. The vet believes she's entering Brumation.

She has some bits of her skin that look ready to shed soon though, should I stop her from entering brumation till it's done?

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,

Our beardie has been slowing down (we live in Florida) and we took her to the vet. She took an x-ray and fecal recently, thought we may get another. The vet believes she's entering Brumation.

She has some bits of her skin that look ready to shed soon though, should I stop her from entering brumation till it's done?

Thank you!
Brumation can be simulated to in correct lighting - and surface basking temps- lets go over the UVB your using and your temps in the tank -- that way we can say for sure its brumation coming on - No coils for a UVB please and surface basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer- are you using any colored bulbs in the tank?

Shotty.Sub

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Brumation can be simulated to in correct lighting - and surface basking temps- lets go over the UVB your using and your temps in the tank -- that way we can say for sure its brumation coming on - No coils for a UVB please and surface basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer- are you using any colored bulbs in the tank?
Hi! Sorry. I missed this. She's already starting to wake up ☺️ I chatted with the vet and some of his recommended local contacts to go over my set up. I've also posted it on my profile.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! Sorry. I missed this. She's already starting to wake up ☺️ I chatted with the vet and some of his recommended local contacts to go over my set up. I've also posted it on my profile.
You only need one UVB-- make sure the bulb is not over a year old -- distance is at 12-15 inches directly over a piece of basking decor and I would recommend getting 2 digital probe thermometers- they are the most accurate for getting surface basking temps -- older dragons like 95-100 temps --

Shotty.Sub

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fiona
You only need one UVB-- make sure the bulb is not over a year old -- distance is at 12-15 inches directly over a piece of basking decor and I would recommend getting 2 digital probe thermometers- they are the most accurate for getting surface basking temps -- older dragons like 95-100 temps --
Perfect. Thank you! I turned off one light and use it as a backup. I'm going to update my profile

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom