She grows so fast, bring tears to my eye lolz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Chechabeforeandafter.jpg

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
But after checking out some posts and growth guides, it seems my dragons are falling a little short on the normal growth patterns.

Still, I feed them as much as I can, around 20 per meal. Took out veggies as of the moment, will give em back maybe after a month. My male is still 9" and the same age as above :-(
Correct temps, Megaray MVB, 101-110 basking area, 80-85 cool area (no lamp anymore, just room temp), at night it drops to around 75-80.

Fed 3 times a day, reptical without D3 everyday, in the morning. Herptivit 3 times a week, in the morning as well.
Bath everyday in the morning.
They poop everyday as well and poop looks find. There is still no place I can get a stool exam for reptiles in the Philippines :-( wonder if dog and cat clinics can do a stool exam for me since they can do it for dogs anyway. Will ask them later.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
Trouble is beardies tend to grow when they're ready and at different rates. When i couldn't get spyro to eat her veggies i had got to the same point as you. Then i thought no your not going to win and just kept on trying different types of food and pretending they were alive, you know waving them around pretending they're bugs..... we do the oddest things for them... eventually she started getting interested and now eats them. But it did take me until she was about 8 months to get her eating them. So don't worry with patients they usually start liking them... they're just like little kids really.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
threecupsofcoffee":cb857 said:
Trouble is beardies tend to grow when they're ready and at different rates. When i couldn't get spyro to eat her veggies i had got to the same point as you. Then i thought no your not going to win and just kept on trying different types of food and pretending they were alive, you know waving them around pretending they're bugs..... we do the oddest things for them... eventually she started getting interested and now eats them. But it did take me until she was about 8 months to get her eating them. So don't worry with patients they usually start liking them... they're just like little kids really.

Thanks, ok, I will try to calm down. I dont have a problem with veggies, although they don't take a lot of it, they do still eat some :) But I was concerned about growth, maybe veggies wont make them grow that fast at this stage so I took them out. Will try to observe the little one for awhile.

I also have a thread going about that guy here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94060&p=743933&hilit=sick+or+brumation#p743933

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Yes a puppy/kitty vet can do the fecal. The only problem is that the dosages for the medications are different than for mammals. If you get an accurate weight...in grams...someone on here can give you a dosage. Also, the vet may have a handbook to give you the correct dose.

good luck
Patsy

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
K9KidsLove":c9935 said:
Hi...Yes a puppy/kitty vet can do the fecal. The only problem is that the dosages for the medications are different than for mammals. If you get an accurate weight...in grams...someone on here can give you a dosage. Also, the vet may have a handbook to give you the correct dose.

good luck
Patsy

Great just called the vet now and they will do it :) Thanks! Too bad I missed todays poop, it was out early this morning around 630, will have to wait for tomorrows poop. After that I will get the weight and size of my dragon.

Btw, if you dont mind me asking, can you explain the numbers on your sig?

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Good that you are taking a sample in.
The numbers...such as 2.3.4 means 2 males, 3 females, 4 of unknown sex

Let us know what the vet says.
Good luck
Patsy

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
K9KidsLove":d2cf8 said:
Hi...Good that you are taking a sample in.
The numbers...such as 2.3.4 means 2 males, 3 females, 4 of unknown sex

Let us know what the vet says.
Good luck
Patsy

Oic :-D Another new thing that I learned today, thanks! Wow you have lots of dragons! :-D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
K9KidsLove":b0666 said:

good luck
Patsy

We had a fecal done for Speedy a couple of months ago. It was done at a dog/cat vet. The vet was in contact with the beardie vet in Tucson that they referred us to when Miss O got sick (unfortunately we didn't get her to the vet in time). They told her what dosage to give Speedy for the pinworm eggs she had. We still need to have a followup fecal done on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom