Self Ballasted Mercury Vapor UVB Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone new Bd owner here.

wen by the pet store today and seen this bulb and wondering if its any good for my baby BD "KuSh"

it says provides UvB,Uva,and also a heat lamp..

PLZ HELP
IMG_0352.jpg

xebix

Folks around here say this is one of the best MVB bulbs you can get. How much was it? You can order them online for about 35-40 bucks depending on where you look.

MvasquezPhotography

Original Poster
forgot to add:

at the moment i have Tropical 25UVB Fluorescent coil bulb,i was planning on buying the Desert 50 Fluorescent coil bulb.or obviously this one:

IMG_0352.jpg

MvasquezPhotography

Original Poster
xebix":c01e3 said:
Folks around here say this is one of the best MVB bulbs you can get. How much was it? You can order them online for about 35-40 bucks depending on where you look.
it was at PETCO.. its $99.99..im a total newb when it comes to technical names for things...the bulb in the picture is an MVB ,right?

xebix

Yes, it is an MVB bulb, and holly crap. Definitely want to order that online. That is way overpriced. http://www.petsupply.com has good prices.

Any coil bulb is bad for beardie's eyes. Also, the desert 50 bulb supposedly isn't any good either. There have been recent studies that the newer bulbs are better, but most say they are still not good.

If you get a tube light, the ReptiSUN 10. is the best. If you get that, you will need a bulb for heat as the tube lights don't give off heat. You could use a regular household light for that. Or you can get an MVB bulb and have both heat and UV in one bulb. You just have to make sure you have one of the bigger tanks with the MVB bulb because they give off a lot of heat. Most say no smaller than 40 gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom