Seizing Bearded Dragon Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Move the hammock up and place something next to it so he can get on it 6-8 inches then get the temp again you really don't want it over 100 most older dragons do not like temps over 100

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1yv9myat said:
Move the hammock up and place something next to it so he can get on it 6-8 inches then get the temp again you really don't want it over 100 most older dragons do not like temps over 100

he’s not able to climb right without flipping himself, i’m trying to figure out a way to make a sort of ramp for him to get up there

edit: would i be able to possibly raise him by padding underneath his carpet ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes that would work if its easier for him to get on it and be at the correct height make sure you get another basking temp as well after you adjust the area

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30vlxwxt said:
Yes that would work if its easier for him to get on it and be at the correct height make sure you get another basking temp as well after you adjust the area
The current temp is 92.3 F -- And this is the current way I have it set up is this okay?
111856-7517813961.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Place the blanket directly under the UVB keep raising it adding more blankets so it's 6-8 inches under it

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":85nayp1u said:
Place the blanket directly under the UVB keep raising it adding more blankets so it's 6-8 inches under it

Not sure if i have anymore blankets- i’ll head out tmrw and get some, i don’t think anywhere is open since it’s late. do u think i could get away with some old tshirts or sweatshirts for now ? His beard has cleared up majorly, and he’s calmed down a lot
*it is also the time he usually is asleep writing this, do you think it would be okay to let him rest with lights off like normal?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, he needs a nighttime cycle that is dark. If you need some overnight heating, you can use
a heating pad set on low with a towel in between him & the pad, or a ceramic heat emitter.
Sure, you can use old fleece blankies, old sweatshirts, etc for him.
That is great he has gotten a bit better. Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

needhelp335

Original Poster
Drache613":13dpyxi4 said:
Hello,

Yes, he needs a nighttime cycle that is dark. If you need some overnight heating, you can use
a heating pad set on low with a towel in between him & the pad, or a ceramic heat emitter.
Sure, you can use old fleece blankies, old sweatshirts, etc for him.
That is great he has gotten a bit better. Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

I wound up turning off the lights a little bit after i posted- good to know that’s alright. I added in more things to pad the space today, but unfortunately not much improvement. He’s agitated again, sliding non the glass, flipping etc. i’m at a loss for what else i can do. The t5 comes in tomorrow-
Edit: he seems to have past an undigested worm(?) But has started to calm down and bask in the lights again.
*** he calmed down for a while before getting agitated again.
***** hes now scratched his mouth from all of the flailing

needhelp335

Original Poster
Update --
Iroh has calmed down a bit, but he's been flipping a lot and seems agitated still. His beard is also black. I've been dusting his insects with calcium and he isn't interested in greens right now. -- Is it because of the change in his setup? -- Also he's having a problem where his nails will catch him. Can I trim them or something?
-- I have other info in the edits on my last post on this thread --
I'm at a loss of what to do right now; does anyone have suggestions?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When is your dragon flipping, when he tries to climb onto his hammock or if he tries to
climb?
Is his beard black all of the time or just when he flips himself over?
It can take some of them awhile to get adjusted to new surroundings & that will affect their
appetite. Keep trying with offering him greens, hopefully he will start to eat them in time.
You can use a nail file to file his nails down, which might be easier for you than using a nail
clipper on them.
How long have you had the new UVB light over him?

Tracie

needhelp335

Original Poster
Drache613":eot2xbek said:
Hello,

When is your dragon flipping, when he tries to climb onto his hammock or if he tries to
climb?
Is his beard black all of the time or just when he flips himself over?
It can take some of them awhile to get adjusted to new surroundings & that will affect their
appetite. Keep trying with offering him greens, hopefully he will start to eat them in time.
You can use a nail file to file his nails down, which might be easier for you than using a nail
clipper on them.
How long have you had the new UVB light over him?

Tracie

Most of the time it’s from climbing or trying to surf the glass when agitated, But he’s flipped over so many times now that i can’t be 100 percent certain. I’m going to continue offering the greens, the t8 has been there for about two days, and the t5 should be here today. His beard goes black maybe a few minutes after he wakes up, and he’ll only relax for maybe a few times a day

needhelp335

Original Poster
hello! just thought i would share some updates
We went to a new animal hospital today who said that despite the issues going on, iroh seemed very alert and helped us to create a new treatment plan. He’s now on critical care herbivore (1tablespoon fed 3-4 times a day) and a daily dose of oral baytril and are going to start vitamin E supplements once they come into the vet. Keeping fingers crossed !!!!
My main issue is that when he gets distressed he tends to slide on the glass an fall, are there any ways anyone knows i can use help to calm him down ?

NYBeardie

Not sure if it works for all dragons, but if I hold mine while near a window (my windows have good views), he'll just chill for ages.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How does he like the Critical Care food? Be sure that it is not too thick, just so he doesn't
choke on it. Since he will be on the Baytril, keep him well hydrated since that particular
medication has a tendency to dehydrate them.
I hope that he is starting to feel better, bless him.
Let us know how things are going.
I am sure that he will love his new T5 tube as well!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom