Seizing Bearded Dragon Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ycurso3 said:
Yes the cover over the bulb on the fixture-- change the bulb out w/ the 5.0- distance is the same 6-8 inches-- when you get the 24" fixture let me know please

Will do! Fixtures should be here by wed. - will definitely let you know asap.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great you have a T5 tube coming this week, that should really help out. It sounds like
taking him outside in the sunshine has perked him up, too.
Be sure to keep him hydrated if he spends a good amount of time outdoors, with it being hot.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

needhelp335

Original Poster
Drache613":1n2ny9u7 said:
Hello,

That's great you have a T5 tube coming this week, that should really help out. It sounds like
taking him outside in the sunshine has perked him up, too.
Be sure to keep him hydrated if he spends a good amount of time outdoors, with it being hot.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Hello, so far it’s been on and off. The syringe feeding made him extremely agitated, which would make him flip himself, so we’ve switched to solids. He still needs help eating them so i’ve been handfeeding. He’s passed urates* today, but nothing else as far as I can tell. I removed the plastic off of the temporary fixture and put in the reptisun 5.0. Today I had a vets appointment for another antibiotic shot, but when i asked what antibiotic and what the specific diagnosis was so i could update here they wouldn’t tell me? Is this normal? I saw it as a red flag so i left- I’ll definitely go back if this IS normal, but i’ve heard so many beardie horror stories with vets that this feels like a major red flag to me. I’m not sure what to do now as i know no other exotic vets in my area.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you get a 5.0 bulb or a 10.0 bulb? There should of been no problem w/ them answering your question about the antibiotics- that would if been a red flag to me as well--

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1pudiden said:
Did you get a 5.0 bulb or a 10.0 bulb? There should of been no problem w/ them answering your question about the antibiotics- that would if been a red flag to me as well--

currently 5.0 t8 until the t5 10.0 comes in wednesday. I thought so too, especially because this isn’t the first red flag I’ve seen with them. These same people also told me that i wouldn’t be able to come in with him for the injections, never once mentioned the possibility of mbd, and told me that the first light i had was correct. All together feels a bit sketchy-

**edit: I also find it notable that out of all reviews, there’s only one about another beardie- as well as every-time i’ve been there is all cats and dogs

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wow- what came up as the closest? I would not go back to the one you were going to -

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1yzza0j1 said:
Wow- what came up as the closest? I would not go back to the one you were going to -

I actually found one a reasonable distance- i didn’t know u could change the distance- however they want 50 before i even get a date for the appointment and as i’m typing this things have taken a turn for the worse. He’s EXTREMELY agitated (black beard) and flipping himself over from sliding on the glass

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is the distance you have the UVB at? Please take the probe and set it on the hammock where he sits to bask and get the temp 10 minutes it should be 95-100

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1fu5zeah said:
What is the distance you have the UVB at? Please take the probe and set it on the hammock where he sits to bask and get the temp 10 minutes it should be 95-100

about 14in to the bottom of the tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the uvb is too far please get it 6-8 inches for the 5.0 --- he needs the UVB this could be why his beard is black and get a temp on that hammock please --- you have the UVB set for a T 5 ---

needhelp335

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3dfhupye said:
the uvb is too far please get it 6-8 inches for the 5.0 --- he needs the UVB this could be why his beard is black and get a temp on that hammock please --- you have the UVB set for a T 5 ---

How should i lower it ? moved the probe it’s reading 96 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom