Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cla6665

Hi, I am about to finish my viv. I made some fake rock with unsanded grout and I am getting ready to seal it . Is it ok to use water based sealer or I have to find something else.
Thank you very much

isearch12

Hi cla6665
I made a fake rock wall for my girl friend and sealed it with 2 coats of diluted Elmer's Carpenter's exterior wood glue (pva base). First coat I did was a real thin coat. I had painted the rock wall before I sealed it. I like that it did not leave a gloss finish and it really toughens up the grout. What I did not like was it gets tacky when you scrub it with water. Its almost a year old now and still looks good. Lelu our dragon luvs it. Is it safe - yes, does it look good - yes, is it easy to clean - tricky, Next time I will search for some better sealer but most likely it will be to expensive. We do need a good Sealer and Paint page so we know whats safe and works.

cla6665

Original Poster
Thanks, i read somewhere to use Mod Podge, and I have to say it works really good. Easy to apply and not to shiny.
Thanks

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
Have you ever tried MINI-WAX polycrylic?
I put 3 coats of this stuff on my interior of my 4x2x2
And it drys to a really hard clear finish.
It also works well as a sealer for fake rock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom