Best sealant for foam backgrounds ?

alyssa2704

Which is the safer option to seal + waterproof after I have grouted my foam background? I don’t want to loose the texture of the sand that i’m adding into the grout. Maybe I should mix in sand with the waterproofed that i’m going to use?
Please help!
I am in the UK so drylok is not an option.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 42

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
in the us its A1 silicone, basically just look for aquarium safe silicone and chances are theres a 99% chance that its safe for reptiles also

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't use either of those products. You want something that is clear and more liquid = easier to apply.

Why do you want it water proof? Are you planning on having a water feature? If not, water resistant is fine.

An exterior rated polyurethane would work well.

-Brandon

alyssa2704

Original Poster
in the us its A1 silicone, basically just look for aquarium safe silicone and chances are theres a 99% chance that its safe for reptiles also

Do you think this ProRep would work?

Also just found this!
Everbuild 402 High Performance Water sealant, Repair and Long Lasting Protection From Water Damage - 5 Litre https://amzn.eu/d/g9UngoI
In the desc. it says animal safe and is silicone

alyssa2704

Original Poster
I wouldn't use either of those products. You want something that is clear and more liquid = easier to apply.

Why do you want it water proof? Are you planning on having a water feature? If not, water resistant is fine.

An exterior rated polyurethane would work well.

-Brandon
I assume it would be easier to clean and if my beardie poops on it, it won’t damage it as such.

The only thing I can really find is this, do you think this looks okay?

I’ve also just found this on amazon which says it is pets safe so I will probably go with this.
Everbuild 402 High Performance Water sealant, Repair and Long Lasting Protection From Water Damage - 5 Litre https://amzn.eu/d/g9UngoI

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom