Scratching to get out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY baby beardie seems to run and try n scratch to get out like he doesnt wanna be in the aquarium. i just wanna know if he doesnt like it in there (maybe humidity is wrong?). Does anyone elses beardie scratch and go crazy like there trying to get out of the aquarium? i unno maybe he wants me to hold him? cuz usually when i take him out after he does that he trys to fall asleep in my hand.

Whats a regular humidity temp?

any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Sean

peera

Sub-Adult Member
It could be an attention thing, or your temps could be too high. what are they, and how are you taking them? I've never heard of them trying to get out because humidity was to high, but it shouldn't be higher than about 35%.
Dora glass dances to get me to take her out as part of her "before pooping" ritual. She makes me take her out, she cuddles for a few minutes, and then goes crazy trying to get away, so I put her back in her tank and she poops. For some reason we have to do it like that or she won't poop.

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
hahaha.

I don't know. the temps are fine. im using a digital thermometer with that metal probe thing. readings for temps are fine and humidity is at 21%, is that too low?

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Well if your temps are right I guess you just have a cuddler(SP). There's nothing wrong with him wanting to cuddle next to your warm body. Both of mine could careless about snuggling so consider yourself lucky.

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
lol when i go near the cage he freaks out and trys to run up the glass lol. he even resorts to jumping off his branch to try and get out lol.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Stimpy often does this to me, i open the viv doors and he climbs out for a look around, he enjoys being out and sitting with me watching tv (he spends a fair bit fo time on his rock watching tv due to how its positioned in relation to the tv)

peera

Sub-Adult Member
You can keep him out as long as you and he are comfortable. Try not to take him out too often right after feeding though, since he needs to digest.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Aww. I bet he just wants some snuggles. :) My boy does that too sometimes. Tries to jump up the glass. Very funny.

No, there's not any time limit to handling, unless he gets cold, which he shouldn't if you're holding him, or if he gets scared.

drayasdaddy

I find my Draya is very particular about where she goes poop! She does not like to soil her appartment, so she ususally will do the glass dance to indicate that she's crossing her legs. She will go in her terrarium if there's no one around to see her do this for a while but it's something to consider too. Looks like from what you've said though that it just wants to be held.

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
hehe i still dont know what it is. he does it alot. he just likes to sit on my shoulder while im on these forums i guess!

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom