Scared....beardie is sick, fatty liver disease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Love the name Aria. What a roller coaster ride it has been. Happy to hear that eggs are the issue. Hopefully she will lay them very soon so that you can all relax. Great to hear that she looks better than she did, we know how worried you were.

Good luck and thanks for the update on HER.

jerichosmom

Original Poster
Thanks! Luckily they will be infertile eggs so no babies for us. The vet gave us some info on the lay box so we're working on that. I will be glad when this is over.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news then! Aria is a great name, too. :D
At least now you know the reasons she has had some trouble. Do they know about when she will lay, estimated? I am glad you are giving liquid calcium right now, that will help out a lot.
I am so happy she is looking better now.

Tracie

jerichosmom

Original Poster
The vet said it can take up to 30 days for them to lay. I think she is resorbing them though, as her stomach is decreasing in size. I called today and the vet said to continue with the high dose calcium until the eggs are gone. She isn't showing any interest in food yet so I'm giving 2 ml of carnivore care every 3 days. I gave her some water today via syringe too just to keep her hydrated. She usually drinks in the bath when she's thirsty but she hasn't lately.

I filled a bin with sand and wet it and packed it down and she just sits there so I think she will just resorb the eggs and nothing will happen. At least now we know what to expect next summer. She's also going to be brumating come October. She just loves scaring us with her weird behaviors.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If she is reabsorbing her eggs, it may leave her a little lethargic just due to her system having to metabolize the extra fats. Hopefully the carnivore care will help her out also!
Her tummy is getting smaller?
Be sure that she gets the calcium & extra fluids to help out her system. How are her colors looking?

Let us know how she progresses.

Tracie

jerichosmom

Original Poster
Her stomach is significantly smaller. Her colors are great. She's getting some fight back. I just gave her a bath and she pooped some runny urates and some poop that looked like carnivore care. yuck. She's shedding too. Poor thing just can't catch a break. I think we're on our way out of this! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news her tummy is smaller now & her colors are looking better too. :D
Oh no, she is shedding also? I hope that goes well for her. Is she eating some also?

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

jerichosmom

Original Poster
She ate 9 worms on Tuesday! I was so happy! She's back to normal. That was a close call. I was so worried. Guess this case is closed :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So happy to hear that she is back to normal. Thanks for the great update. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom