say hello to My Baby Girl Nala :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerangedvE

Original Poster
ah because i have a large shelf-liner bottom.. and ive been pulling it out everyime.. rinsing and clearing the whole thing entirely :eek:..

xD

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah i just spot clean the poo and a little bit of the area around it. I do a full entire cleaning of everything maybe once a month.

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
thanks!!

also.. i just realized something.. i have a repti-glow 10.0.. not a reptis-sun.. and nala shuts her eyelids..

is this seriously as bad as it sounds? could i hold off on buying the bulb? or should i not wait :X

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should turn off the repti-glo. Those are known to cause eye problems and other illnesses. You need to get the reptisun as soon as you can, its best to be having no uvb while you get the bulb then for nala to be exposed to the repti-glo. You can order one cheap at petmountain or you can just go to your petstore, however they cost a bit more in the petstore but at least you can get it the same day.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I understand, hard times here too. Make sure you take her out for some natural sun then, until you can get that bulb.

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
update i ordered the bulb.. and it would seem red peppers and grean beans go hand in hand in her diet.. not a squash girl.. or a papaya enthusiast xD

i still have to play with her food.. but i think shes good!!!

starting to move around at bath time now.. i think shes coming around lol i leave her there till she starts attacking the corner to escape

DerangedvE

Original Poster
Repti-sun got here last night.. tossed it in and fired it up.. and i can tell the difference.. she actually walked towards the bulb and relaxed there for a while before returning to the heatbulb..

also got 2 herpavites and 2 rep-cals.. for 23$... i think it was a bargain.. i recommend amazon to everyone xD

shes calmed down a bit on veggie eating.. but im hoping that changes.. im going to go get something different today and see if its just her being bored... 6-7 worms a day is her protein diet.. so far.. i think everythings going good..

the humidity stays low enough for the accu-rite to say LO... and spikes up to about 38 when i insert new veggies and such.. or spray her..

DerangedvE

Original Poster
Nala had her very first vet visit.. and physically shes 100%..

but she was loaded with worms and parasites and even Coccidia (what a cocktail).. :/ the vet tells me they have been there for quite sometime so it means it was from the previous owners.. (the petshop of doom) :/..

but she has been given meds (deworming) and now i have serafil to give her daily.. vet taught me how to forcefeed her.. but luckily shes such a curious little girl.. i just pop the syringe in front of her face.. and shes already biting it like crazy XD

shes due back in the vet in 2 weeks.. but i may take her back wednesday.. because well i know her intestines are inflamed.. and its supposably going to last only 2 days.. :X

just thought id update you guys! who have been way more than helpful to me :X

DerangedvE

Original Poster
i know its been a while.. and most of you dont care :eek: but still i thought id update some pics on Nala and her new family member lol

IMG_0005.JPG
she was shedding.. and very moody lol :eek:
IMG_0197.JPG
she loves to travel :p haha and she draws a load of attention... i do hate when people say "thats a pretty Iguana" -.-
IMG_0198.JPG
<< im not even lying when i say this... she fights to get from my shoulder (or anywhere in the car) to that spot right there :X
IMG_0051.JPG
<< her new cousin (Donatello) [yep, from ninja turtles.
IMG_0149.JPG
they actually get along lol... he climbed on top of her once.. and she just relaxed lol... so much fun to have them adventure across the bedspread xD

ohh.. and i took her back to the vet.. shes a healthy lady now.. and shes fattened up (look at origional photos)

iphone4 quality pics and such too :eek:..

Thanks guys! shes here and healthy thanks to you!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi! :wave:
I noticed your signature link when you posted in another thread so I thought I'd pop in and say....
:wave: Hello Emir & Welcome to BD.org!
Better late than never right? :lol:

Nala is a pretty little girl...:love5:

I had to skim through you thread for now as I'm short on time today, but I must say you made some nice changes. :D

Also...I noticed you were finding the cleaning of poop to be a pain...might I suggest that you give her a bath each day at the time she is accustom to going or just before? I do this with mine that have gross poops or viv's that have places the poop can get/run under.

Again Welcome & Gratz!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Duh! Gratz on the new family member Donatello! :)
Looks like a chunky little guy!
BTW...love the name. :lol:

:roll: That's what I get for skimmin'. :(

DerangedvE

Original Poster
Thanks guys! lol they seem to both be doing great...

shes been picking up on her greens.. she worries me though because she likes to lay down flat.. which almost looks like her legs dont work.. but if i toss a worm in shes as fast as speedy gonzalez...

but other than that shes fine.. im learning her likes.. dislikes.. and that she enjoys my bed o.0 and likes to go lay down at the end starting at the ps3... (or attacking the xbox when thats on)

Donatello is amusing too.. normally hiding.. if i take him out he is forced to explore.. but at night (i wake at about 4 am for gym) its amusing seeing him adventure and move around in what he thinks is complete darkness :eek:

thanks for the tip barbara.. i need to work something out there.. she tends to take care of her business while im at work :eek:

im wondering if i tweak the feeding schedule.. if shed hold off till i get home so i can do the bathing option :eek:

Thanks again guys!

DerangedvE

Original Poster
shes been a bit lethargic lately.. still eating food like a champ

still pooping like a champ.. but shes been just laying down lazy.. like shes trying to sleep near the heatlamp.. doesnt even move to her favorite spot.. :eek:

it worries me a bit... but today after showering her.. i decided to place a waterbowl back in her home.. just because she really enjoyed the bath a bit.. and this is what she did... my question.. is this strange? or a sign of anything.. because after all that rubbing on the ground.. she slid over to the warm side.. and lazied it out yet agian :X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISlJAiw6KK0 << check her out... do tell me if this is strange :eek:

is she falling into "brumation" ? :eek:

thanks alot guys.. you guys are always epic help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom