say hello to My Baby Girl Nala :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! my names Emir, im 21 and a it tech at EZ Street..

but enough about me! i joined here because it seems filled with knowledgeable dragon lovers :eek:

and heres Nala :eek:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg
<<thats me there too :eek:
IMG_0010.jpg
<< her home.. i want to get a tank.. just building up funds... any suggestions on how to make this better for her? if its not good enough :eek:

Well theres Nala.. shes a year and 2 months (according to who gave her to me)..

i hope she enjoys her new place.. already got a few suggestions.. from reading around.. no more sand :eek: found a sand colored shelf-liner.. and i dont think it bothers her a bit :eek:

thanks for letting us join this growing community :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site! There is lots to learn here.

Its easier for us to see your pictures instead of you doing the can you use [img]. It will show th...aking a new best friend with her :p -Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
lol i knew the function but i didnt want to flood the page :eek:

thank you! i hope she does too :X just trying hard to proportion the food out properly..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Make sure you read the sections on enclousures, feeders, feeding, and all the other forums. Lots of important info that you need to read about to make sure your baby girl nala stays a happy healthy dragon.

Here is something to get you started off: http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html Best chart you can ever have for food :p

For an adult dragon we recommend a tank of, at a minimum, 36x18x18. Personally, its best to have a 4x2x2 tank :)
Your basking temp should be at around 100-105 degrees, cool side should be around 75-80. If you have a walmart near by you can pick up an absolutely great digital thermometer with a probe for 12$. Dial, stick ons, and the other non-digital type thermometers can be off by as much as 20 degrees in some cases.

Lots of info that i've left out but what fun is it if you can't explore for knowledge? :p

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
IMG_0016%5B1%5D.jpg

IMG_0015%5B1%5D.jpg

her future enclosure.. i have a tempgun im gonna take from work..

i just want to create my own lid for the tank and then she will be moved.. its about 3x 1.5x 1.5 right now...

would she be considered an adult? ive purchased crickets and ive already looked at the nutrion list :eek:

her diet at the moment is mustard greens, cactus leaves, green beans, red bell peppers...

her skins darkened :X but im sure its just because i have to get the calcium powder

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like she might still have little growing to do but that might be because she was undernourished as she was growing up.

That tank is much better than the one shes in right now and will be good until you can find a bigger one. (check craigslist if you don't wanna make your own).

That light fixture you had was weird. Btw, what lights were in it? She needs one light that provides uncolored, clear, heat (her basking bulb) and she needs a bulb that provides uvb rays. We highly recommend the reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb.

Getting a temp gun is great, they are even better than probes :p

Her darkening is because she is stressed. When beardies move or are in a new surrounding they usually go through relocation stress. This can last for up to a week or more. During this time they might look like they are darker, have dark lines on their bellies, and might not even eat anything at all. Its normal but still, you should offer food :p
good luck.

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
is the lightfixture itself bad?

i currently have a 100w infared heat lamp..
506496.jpg

and a 50 watt halogen
90482409_lg.jpg

^^ yeah i blew a good 300$ on her and all these stuff the pet shop conned me into >.<

so im waiting for my next check and i can rearrange her home..

thanks for the skin advice :eek: i was worried i was doing something wrong.. i hope she learns to love the place slowly

One last question.. ive been reading around.. that i should move her to a more greens diet? she seems to only eat her veggies when i hand feed them to her :X otherwise they will sit there and cook..

and the last 3 days ive fed her about 30 crickets daily.. she loves that.. o.0

but should i hold off on crickets? and introduce more veggies.. or should i let her have at it.. (she can eat more than 30.. im sure of that)

Thanks!!

fez09

Extreme Poster
The light you posted on top should not be used, Beardies can see red and it will bother her eyes...What are you using for UVB?? She can get some serious health problems without getting UVB. Repti-Sun 10.0 tubes are what I use for all 6 of my beardies...You can get one for about $20.00 at www.petmountain.com under reptile section. I wouldn't reduce her crickets, she does look a bit thin still. Keep offering greens daily, she'll start eating them. Try giving her salad in the morning so that she's hungry, then a few hours later give her bugs!

DerangedvE

Original Poster
yeah im looking into the lighting.. thank you so much.. for the time being ill have the red off...

learned a life lesson here.. only buy pets from pet shops :X

DerangedvE

Original Poster
i took Brandon's Advice.. and looked at craigslist... found a new post (about an hour old) someone sold me the tank below for only 50$ with sand (which i didnt use) and all the accessories.. (minus the water bowl) the uv bulb was exactly what was recommended earlier :eek: (Thanks alot guys!!! you all are a real help :eek:)

IMG_0019.jpg
<<10.0uvb bulb :D
IMG_0020.jpg
<<halogen Heat Lamp
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg
(sideshot of the whole tank)
IMG_0023.jpg
(her new domain)
IMG_0024.jpg
(this is the whole tank :eek: ive been leaving the lid open since i read a wood top is bad.. though the back is vented)
IMG_0025.jpg
(the vented back previously mentioned.. is spans the whole tank length.. about 5 inches tall... im curious if thats enough to vent? o.0)

What Do you guys think? big improvement over the mesh little terranium :X

i cant wait till i see her grow some and see if she loves it.. then maybe ill get her a roommate :eek:

im trying to please her.. she seems to love the space.. her skin has brightened up a bit too :eek:

Also! it seems if i hand feed her shell eat all the greens avaliable (tossing it.. or playing with the food makes her go for it..)

ill have to find a new staple.. shes not super fond of cactus leaves :eek: but she loves her red bell peppers xD

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Amazing score you got their!! Only thing is those uvb bulbs stop producing uvb and need to be replaced every 6 months, did the person tell you how old the uvb was?

Great you got her a basking bulb now! Did you check the temps with temp gun/digital thermometer?:)

DEFINITELY a big step up from that mesh :p

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
she showed me a reciept it was purchased last month.. the 16th.

i took today off as a rest day XD so tomorrow when i get to work im gonna get the temp gun :eek:

a question.. i got the "dragon dust"...

out of the 40-50 crickets shes been eating.. how many should i "dust" i dont want to overdo the calcium :X

Thanks so much! youve been a great help.. she seems to love it all.. i think i might get her a roommate if all continues going well

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dragon dust i assume you are refering to calcium powder.
What brand is it?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Im not familiar with it but what you wanna do is put the feeders that you are feeding into a bag or something, add a little pinch of the powder, then shake up the bag so the powder gets over the insects.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom