say hello to My Baby Girl Nala :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerangedvE

Original Poster
yeah i do have a water bowl in the tank.. on the other end.. should i just remove that? or decrease the amount of water?

the log is now supported by the wood cave thing.. (the photos with the worms is most recent..)

i wanted to get the "classy lizard hammock" but i got refunded.. guess the creator stopped making them..

is it ok for her to get that close to the bulb? its a 50 watt bulb.. do you think if i get a 100w bulb she can get the temps she needs without getting so close (i really dont want anything to happen to her)

yesterday she had maybe 25 worms.. (i dropped a load in and let her eat what she can in 10 minutes) pulled out 10 i had tossed in 35..

im out on crickets.. i was actually trying to avoid purchasing more (they stink and make too much noise >.<)

maybe she overate? im hoping thats the case.. if the worms are whats doing it to her ill trash them..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Id remove it for now and then check back in like 4 or 5 hours see what the humidity is.
It's fine to get her close, as long as its not so close she can actually touch the bulb in any way. If you want you can try a 100 watt just as long as temps throughout tank are good.
Yeah 25 worms is too much. what kind of worms were they? How big is your girl nala? in inches. Yes though it sounds like she overate. maybe she couldn't get her basking temp good enough to digest it properly so she threw it up.

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
alright i removed the water.. lets see how that goes..

ill keep the worms to 10 a day then for now.. ill invest in a new bulb because shes about 5-6 inches away.. i think if she gets closer she could reach it if she tried :X

Thank you so much!!

there superworms btw. 1.5 average size

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, i would keep the feeder insects to under 40 a week. Maybe like 6 supers a day, then salad the rest of the time.

-Brandon

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
it sounds like your doing good with her. did you hear that beardies are solitary animals they perfer to be alone. she doesnt need a roommate. adult beardies eat less so it could be that she just over ate so she threw up. did you take the water bowl out? having your humidity to high can cause URI (upper respritory infections) its better o just give your beardie a bath to keep them hydrated :mrgreen:

DerangedvE

Original Poster
so a daily bath defeats keeping water in the tank always? i can do that..

well she hasnt eaten yet.. all she has is veggies.. shes been basking.. i demounted the log.. because now the temp probe reads 127.8 and increasing over time.. im wondering if that means the general area is that hot or not.. but i think it may be too hot now because shes hanging out on the lower end of it now :eek:

alright ill keep it to 6 worms a day and keep a load of greens around.. and bathe her daily..

as per the photos is the lighting situation good? i wanted to place the bulb at the top of the wood base to illuminate everything but its about 19 inches above her..

im still worried she hasnt touched anything to eat today :eek: if she skipped todays meal would it harm her extremely? this cant be a sign of impaction or anything right? her vet appointment is next week saturday (the only avaliable appointment :/)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The probe reads exactly where the prob sits, not the temp around. Or were you using a temp gun? Sorry forgetting.

What caused the temp to go up so high, did you try a 100 watt bulb instead of the one already in there?

DerangedvE

Original Poster
I'm using the accurite (long cable with a sensor at the end) it's been. In the same spot...

It may be the sensor itself just attracts heat? But she isn't up top anymore

Excuse my grammar on iphone

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nope the probe itself shouldn't attract heat it just reads what the hear is. Maybe try raising the heat lamp up a little.

-Brandon

DerangedvE

Original Poster
well i dropped it back down to the log on the floor (like the photos) the temp dropped down to 114.. is that still to high?

previous questions, is the poop usually supposed to be almost all white?

do i have to disinfect the WHOLE tank every time she poops? (it starts to get bothersome xD)..

she ate two pieces of squash :eek: so i cant say shes starving herself now..

if the temp is still high i might redesign the whole thing.. xD

any tips for bathing? cuz im curious if its fine that i just let her run around in there and call it a bath :eek:

haha this girl is getting me into problems, the gf is getting jealous xD

thanks again guys! if you were local id take you all for a round :D

DerangedvE

Original Poster
also the humidity has dropped to 45%.. it hasnt come down lower than that :X

whats the idea range? and is there anything else i can do to drop humidity levels?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ideal range is probably around 20 or lower. Sorry, not sure how you can go about lowering the humidity besides maybe having another light that barely increases the cool side to like 80-85 maybe that might help.

-Brandon

Kaalin

DerangedvE":2fiu5k33 said:
do i have to disinfect the WHOLE tank every time she poops? (it starts to get bothersome xD)..

No I don't believe you do, I think most just spot clean and then thoroughly disinfect 1-2times a month! Lol I hope I'm not wrong, this is the first question I've ever answered :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom